Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very annoying

Richi gets us out of jail with that 2nd and then we concede a very late goal like that

Beforehand I thought a draw there was a par result but not when you see the effig thing out almost

Shame that Richi's chance for a 3rd was well saved

Last few weeks only City have beaten them at Goddison

Well if he stuck to his principles of attack and we got done, people would say he's naive and should've gone 3 at the back
Really can't win
...and we didn't!
We never kill teams off that the problem
Had we remembered how we started the 2nd half against a VERY similar team in Brentford (it WAS only 3 days ago) maybe we coulda been out of sight by the hour mark... Then Ange coulda brought on who he fucking wanted!

I'm not saying a 3 goal blitz in 7 minutes again, but this time, we WERE winning, so even 1 more goal early 2bd half would've shut those ear piercing, glass shattering Scouse voices up!

But we seem to have forgotten how to be ruthless, and lethal, with fucking NO MERCY!

...and it cost us (again)
I assume Villa will be showing us how to take full advantage this evening?!

I know it's hard to take positives from that, but there are plenty. Don't get me wrong, it was a frustrating performance and the set piece thing is obviously concerning, but Richie looks really at it now, Maddison is properly back, and above all, Micky looks like the quickest defender in the world, and given his reading and decision-making, might well go on to be considered as amongst the very best CBs in the world very soon, maybe even by the end of the season.

If we're honest, surely no one ever really expected us to challenge for the title this season, Europe was most people's realistic ambition back in July, CL qualification would be an improvement on that, and given the gap between 5th and 6th, it may well be that our most important consideration for the rest of the season is simply doing better than Villa. (I appreciate that 5th might make CL, but we should be sufficiently better than Villa to not have to rely on that).

Keeping the ball means fuck all if you can't do anything with it. We escaped multiple times because Van De Ven is an absolute specimen. Everton looked way more dangerous throughout the game. Apart from one Richarlison shot that was saved from inside the box we created fuck all.

No, keeping the ball stopped Everton picking up momentum like they did in the first half. They are still a hard side to break down.

I’m not a happy clapper, but I thought we largely played that second half pretty well.

I’m not sure where this set piece anxiety came from because I seem to remember most of the year we have been incredible on both sides of set pieces.

I believe we were the last team to concede from a corner in the league. It’s come out of no where that we look like conceding on every dead ball.

We are unable to create too much, Kulu seems a walking dead recently, also our midfiel has been pretty poor in progressing the ball and find players in good positions, it seems sometimes the midfield is just time wasting, with zero intent to score more goals.

As a team, we never look like we are going to keep a clean sheet, most teams we play will get numerous chances against us. If we are serious about challenging the big boys next season, we really need to tighten up defensively as a team. It’s all very well wanting to play open, attacking football but we leave ourselves wide open. How many times did VDV get us out of trouble today. We can’t keep relying on him having to put in so much work, he’ll end up doing his hamstring again

Back
Top Bottom