Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Even if we'd won that was absolutely shit - again - and conceding late on just confirms that.

Sorry lads but not liking this at the moment, last couple of months performances have been patchy at best and I haven't really enjoyed them. People can make excuses about the players we've had missing but before Xmas we might have been losing games like Villa and West Ham but we were completely dominating and knocking the ball around nicely and playing some really sharp stuff.

Everton x 2, Bournemouth, Brentford the other day, and others in recent weeks we only do stuff in moments, possession play has got really shoddy, we struggle to control and keep the game played in the opponents half and it gets end to end and we're wide open and look really vulnerable. Some days we get away with it, today we didn't.

They've got to knock their heads together and get performances back up to what they were earlier in the season.
I have to agree with this assessment, we have been riding our luck in recent games and today was an example of it running out.

We have to get back to what we were doing earlier in the season, the inconsistency is what kills us.

Reading the comments in here just tells me the match threads should be shut for an hour after the game is finished to let people calm down, some absolute hilarious/wild takes in here.

Porro was bang average, his passing way off.

Udogie can go on amazing runs, sure...but how many times does he lose possession cheaply? Not interested in defending either...Branthwaite is his man, unless I'm mistaken?

Bentancur was shite. Hojbjerg just can't pass a football 5 yards, unless it's to an opponent in a dangerous area.

Johnson & Werner AWOL...that's new...not.

Subs brought nothing.

Vicario was torched tonight by his team mates and Everton took advantage, some really negative stuff at times with no rythym but Richy head and shoulders MOTM

Richarlison?

I think first half we didn’t have control and would have deserved to come in level. We absolutely controlled the game that second half, especially after the subs, kept the ball, wore Everton out, they’d run out of steam. We conceded another scrappy set piece goal. They created fuck all else.
Keeping the ball means fuck all if you can't do anything with it. We escaped multiple times because Van De Ven is an absolute specimen. Everton looked way more dangerous throughout the game. Apart from one Richarlison shot that was saved from inside the box we created fuck all.

Back
Top Bottom