Everton (H) 15 Oct - 530 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our scold half possession was perhaps the best forty five minutes of the season. Totally dictated the pace, and controlled the game at our pace.

Terrific forty five minutes.

Bentancur man of the match, special shout out for Doherty and Bissouma with Romero taking no prisoners.

Excellent win, hard fought but we really did control the game, Conteball at it's finest.
Bissouma was excellent. He ooozes class. Did the simple things but he makes it seem so effortless. Even his kit looks cool. The extra long t shirt keeping his hands warm.

Whilst I agree somewhat with a few of the pundits that Everton were wasteful in their chances, we did register 21 shots with 7 on target for the game.

Couldn't watch it live due to Optus , but having seen the replay the second half was sublime.

Whilst I agree somewhat with a few of the pundits that Everton were wasteful in their chances, we did register 21 shots with 7 on target for the game.

Couldn't watch it live due to Optus , but having seen the replay the second half was sublime.
They were both sprinting flat out. Not easy chances. We battered them second half.

We look much more threatening with 3 in midfield. Been saying it for ages, the addition on the 3rd midfielder allows us to have another player forward.

Second goal proves that. Bentancur assisting PEH. Both can play higher up with the security of Bissouma behind. I want to see us start like that on Wednesday.

Second point is the big hug Conte gave Doherty when he came off. I think Conte is starting to feel more comfortable with playing Doherty. The players seem more comfortable with him than Emerson also. The fitter Doherty gets, I'm fairly certain Conte will be starting him over Emerson.
Is it more threatening than end of last season with Doc and Kulu on the right? Felt like we were even more dangerous then for a while…. For sure if Kulu is out and Royal plays, 352 > 343 but 343 shouldn’t be discarded imo

Is it safe to post about the match now ? What a way to ruin a thread.. anyway....

Another game where we massively improve when we bolster the midfield. I am sure the 2 man midfield will work in some games, would just like to see us change a bit quicker when it is clear we are struggling to make headway. It is just a shame that Richarlison getting injured is what helped with the change. Fair play to Conte though, he could have done a swap with Gil or Lucas and kept with 3 up front.

Thought Harry, Bentacur and Doherty were very strong last night. Watching Bentacur off the ball is something else, the effort he puts in and the engine, always harassing the opposition - something he can do more freely with a 3rd midfielder..

Nice to see Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman and catch up with Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor beforehand. Can we please stick to the same meeting place though - Getting shouted at across the concourse, as I amble about, is becoming a habit for me.. 😁 😁.

Another win, not the prettiest, but omg will I take it - COYS

Why are Everton getting praise, just because they had 2 chances?
Are they really that bad that 2 chances created equates to progress?
Fat guts has registered 8 wins in 28 games but is getting applause for taking the club in the right direction.

I don’t get it, he is useless and they are useless, 2 chances created doesn’t change that.
How bad have they become to think yesterday was a positive and progress?

Fat guts has registered 8 wins in 28 games but is getting applause for taking the club in the right direction.

I don’t get it, he is useless and they are useless, 2 chances created doesn’t change that.
They don’t score goals. If they go another 2 or 3
without a win, he’s under pressure

Pundits in these parts all pretend Frank's not the utter mug he is, patriotic thing to mate.

My brother in law is over in the UK from the states and he went to the game yesterday. Was very impressed with the stadium and atmosphere. I'm meeting him in Brighton on Tuesday for their game Vs forest and then he heads to anfield on Wednesday. Will be interesting to see how he thinks the atmosphere there compares to the lane.

Back
Top Bottom