Evangefootballterrorlist

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

l0MYKjfHIBLncqeuQ.webp

I think I'll just enjoy reading it for the comedy gold for the time being. Honestly, some of the posts are hilarious. It's difficult to make out which are serious and which are taking the piss.

Here's one I plucked out from this morning

I felt we were a lot better on corners.

Seemed a different setup.

Saw green shoots in the Chelsea game, and we seemed to setup with a lot more man marking against Liverpool.

Green shoots!!..

We've just been dick slapped across the face 4 games running mate...:mourloopy:

I think I'll just enjoy reading it for the comedy gold for the time being. Honestly, some of the posts are hilarious. It's difficult to make out which are serious and which are taking the piss.

Green shoots!!..

At a massive stretch I could see the point about green shoots from the match yesterday, at least we started well for the first 5 and rallied towards the end

But Chelsea ???? We were a rancid pile of trash from minute 1 til 95

I think people are just desperate for a virtual backslap , they can't actually mean some of the crap they come out with

It's a shame there's probably not enough games left for the fans to turn on him again this season.

This is my worry. He’s going to be saved by the season ending, the club are going to finally back the wrong man and next season will be disaster.

I don’t quite understand why so many people are giving the benefit of the doubt and all in on a bloke who has basically managed in Scotland Japan and Australia. It is crazy. The guy is clueless. He has shown nothing in his time here that he’s worth persevering with. The first 10 games were clearly a new manager bounce / a kind fixture list and lots of luck.

At a massive stretch I could see the point about green shoots from the match yesterday, at least we started well for the first 5 and rallied towards the end

But Chelsea ???? We were a rancid pile of trash from minute 1 til 95

I think people are just desperate for a virtual backslap , they can't actually mean some of the crap they come out with
Says you 😅

I don’t quite understand why so many people are giving the benefit of the doubt and all in on a bloke who has basically managed in Scotland Japan and Australia. It is crazy. The guy is clueless. He has shown nothing in his time here that he’s worth persevering with. The first 10 games were clearly a new manager bounce / a kind fixture list and lots of luck
This is another great point.
If he was a manager who'd already proved himself at the highest level you could maybe understand fans wanting to give him time to see if he could reproduce it with us.
But he hasn't. He's only won in small time leagues where his team has been the most heavily funded.
It's like our fans are just intrigued to watch some zany experiment unfold and get some kind of perverse pleasure with every bumming we get along the way.

This is my worry. He’s going to be saved by the season ending, the club are going to finally back the wrong man and next season will be disaster.

I don’t quite understand why so many people are giving the benefit of the doubt and all in on a bloke who has basically managed in Scotland Japan and Australia. It is crazy. The guy is clueless. He has shown nothing in his time here that he’s worth persevering with. The first 10 games were clearly a new manager bounce / a kind fixture list and lots of luck.
It's because they got tricked and went all out on belief for ange even though he'd only managed in below par leagues. They've got no choice but to back their man they was tricked in to believing he was going to be the new pep in the prem.

Lol, the management thread has now split into three separate sub threads. Says it all really. What a state we're in.

:dawsonmean::ange-bored::ange-facepalm:
The other thread is essentially a therapy room for a bunch of people with sand in their fannies who can't stand criticism or any form of reasonable discourse. They also can't face up to the fact they've been wrong.
They even have their own bouncer who patrols the thread foul voting anyone he deems not welcome ffs 😆

The other thread is essentially a therapy room for a bunch of people with sand in their fannies who can't stand criticism or any form of reasonable discourse. They also can't face up to the fact they've been wrong.
They even have their own bouncer who patrols the thread foul voting anyone he deems not welcome ffs 😆
Thanks for the clarification :) I'm still on the fence about Ange so I guess the original thread will be the one for me. It is getting a bit hard to keep up though...

Green shoots!!..

I've never seen you this happy. It's like other people's hopeless reach for optimism is stimulating you in sadistic ways. Frankly, it's a bit weird.

I think we should all chip in for a t-shirt that says 'I told you so', so you don't have to keep repeating it on here and creeping us out.

But, in respect to the thread, you're more right than wrong. We've learned nothing and have been repeatedly shown up for lacking ideas and discipline all over the pitch. We suck, it sucks and you're making it suck even more.

I've never seen you this happy. It's like other people's hopeless reach for optimism is stimulating you in sadistic ways. Frankly, it's a bit weird.

I think we should all chip in for a t-shirt that says 'I told you so', so you don't have to keep repeating it on here and creeping us out.

But, in respect to the thread, you're more right than wrong. We've learned nothing and have been repeatedly shown up for lacking ideas and discipline all over the pitch. We suck, it sucks and you're making it suck even more.

GRm4yC.gif

Who are you again? :ange-hmm:

Those wonderful lads on the positivity thread are made of sterner stuff than us peasants

I aspire to be on their level of fandom but I have a long way to go

I'm working on it , trust the process

Football fans are all mental at the end of the day.

Do you ever ask yourself why you watch strangers play games and get obsessed with it?

I wake up many days and just think "wtf am I doing, why do I care and why do I spend so much money on this?"

And then I start getting nagged and I remember.

Back
Top Bottom