European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
In 1992, the Premier League is founded following the decision of clubs in the First Division to break away from the Football League, founded in 1888 - (Tottenham Hotspur made a world-record profit of £113 million after tax in 2019)

In 2021, the European Super League is founded following the decision of clubs in Europe to break away from the Champions League, founded in 1992 (The European Super League will generate £4.6 billion annually from broadcasters with each founding club receiving a £300 million annually*)

*reported

I know somebody who isn't going to spend much on transfers because covid, stadium costs, pyramid hands etc.

The Spurs now have more incentive than ever to spend money.

They will have the big payouts from going further in the Super League to consider, plus the guaranteed money from the Super League to offset any risk of spending big sums.

If Levy now comes out and has us finishing terribly by not spending, he wastes the benefit that the Super League gives him and likely risks getting kicked out of it as he would offer nothing to the other members of the league.

Levy will find a way to get out of spending most likely.

Pretty sure I read that founding members are stuck in it for 20 years. Levy can spend big in year 19.

Levy will find a way to get out of spending most likely.

Pretty sure I read that founding members are stuck in it for 20 years. Levy can spend big in year 19.

I am sure that this group will easily find away to boot someone out if they aren't pulling their weight.

And it makes zero financial or personal sense for Levy to not spend. He may be an idiot when it comes to football decisions but he seems like a pretty astute business man that is interested in making money not losing it.

In 1992, the Premier League is founded following the decision of clubs in the First Division to break away from the Football League, founded in 1888 - (Tottenham Hotspur made a world-record profit of £113 million after tax in 2019)

In 2021, the European Super League is founded following the decision of clubs in Europe to break away from the Champions League, founded in 1992 (The European Super League will generate £4.6 billion annually from broadcasters with each founding club receiving a £300 million annually*)

*reported

Wow....just imagine the players we could buy with that coin.

Levy: Fellani, Lukaku's brother. . .

And there is nothing to stop you doing that either. In fact, it's a great idea for everyone so outraged by this to do that.

But i'll bet they don't..
Not difficult really. Stop buying merchandise. Pirate the ESL streams. Stop going to the games and five back your season ticket.

Of course that's easy for me as I live in Canada and was pirating streams even before this was an idea

Further announcement.

The European Super League will scrap the 'home grown rules' limiting what players teams can field. The only requirement now will be that players cost a minimum of 100m in transfer and agent fees and have a lucrative sponsorship deal agreed prior to signing with any team'

Whilst we are on the subject of the future of football; it seems a good time to tell you about a product a mate of mine is currently testing..

High bandwidth football in 8k 360 3D virtual reality streamed over 5G. Slap on your visor and your in the stadium. You will have your OWN dedicated camera; mounted on your own dedicated seat in the stadium - allowing you to interact and talk to the people near you.

And yes, you will need to pay a hefty fee to secure your seat.

And who says you fans wont be able to attend all the European games.....

Fucking hell.

I never said nobody. I said you. Because you're such a borish try hard. US sport is failing...according to no one but you. Meanwhile tv contracts just keep going up. Attendance increases. Salaries grow by leaps and bounds year after year.

But this weirdo in Thailand says the sky is falling!

What a clown you are.

Eight posts later and still you can't admit you were wrong - how very arrogant American of you.

We wanted to be a big club I guess. I don't see the league booting us out as 90% of the viewers would tune out. Imagine how embarrassing it would have been if we were left out of it.

The five stages of grief are:
  • denial.
  • anger.
  • bargaining. <---- I'm here.
  • depression.
  • acceptance.

The point about football in Britain is that it is not just a sport people take to, like cricket or tennis or running long distances. It is inherent in the people. It is built into the urban psyche. It is not a phenomenon; it is an everyday matter. There is more eccentricity in deliberately disregarding it than in devoting a life to it. Its sudden withdrawal from the people would bring deeper disconsolation than to deprive them of television. The way we play the game, organise it and reward it reflects the kind of community we are."

Arthur Hopcraft - 1968

That’s all gone for a burton. Globalisation is to blame. Everyone will fall into line like they always do.

At this point, I just want them to switch it with CL.

If this happens, that's it, what ia the point of following your club and football in gemeral? To win a SL trophey? Oh fuck off

At this point, I just want them to switch it with CL.

If this happens, that's it, what ia the point of following your club and football in gemeral? To win a SL trophey? Oh fuck off

Yup. I hope you like American style sports leagues.

ESPN are reporting that UEFA are looking in to the legality of expelling the remaining clubs in the CL this year. I wonder if the Premier League are discussing options right now as well

Back
Top Bottom