European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
Just read the EPL statement about the ‘integrity of the sport’ - maybe should have thought of that before allowing the financial doping at the top end? Interesting that PSG (last I saw) weren’t involved...probably don’t need the money, tho.

I'm totally against this in principle. But then again, I have no principles.

If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen.
And if / when it does, I'd much rather Spurs be in it, than left on the sidelines with local derbies against Fulham and Palace our season highlights.

It's gotta be said. Hat's off to Mr Levy for securing our place at the top table if indeed that turns out to be the case.

In fact, the anti - Levy frenzy being whipped up over this is really quite enjoyable alarming

Just read the EPL statement about the ‘integrity of the sport’ - maybe should have thought of that before allowing the financial doping at the top end? Interesting that PSG (last I saw) weren’t involved...probably don’t need the money, tho.
The French and German clubs have apparently all declined (the German clubs have their fan ownership that would stop it as well).

So if this goes through and you want to watch teams outside of it. There's the Bundesliga and Ligue 1.

Really good from Neville, this is the full segment:

Give it a rest Neville. You will be pontificating on Sky next week for your beloved United. The fans needed protecting from City and Chelsea and Leicester for Christ sake. All financially doped. No problem with the glaziers hundreds of millions of pounds of borrowing against United. Absolutely laughable. Deluded.

no one even knows for sure what the proposals are for goodness sake. Even got pricks from Government talking about “fair play” laughable.

Yeah, okay, watching Sky Sports have Neville lament this 'greed' almost makes me want it. The absolute fucking hypocrisy of them considering what Sky set in motion all those years ago is astounding.

It's almost certainly them shitting themselves because they smell lost revenue.

I'm convinced this is going to work out really well simply because of the way everyone is freaking out about it

If the most corrupt group of people (FA/union/UEFA/FIFA bureaucrats and their political allies) is up in arms against it - it must be good.

I dislike UEFA but it won’t work out really well if the power simply shifts to an equally corrupt group of people and as a result the game moves further away from grassroots and the ordinary supporter than it already is

The time has come, things needs to change. The premier league is a joke. We need fan ownership, cheaper tickets and a percentage of tickets going to younger fans. Hopefully this sparks something.

I'm totally against this in principle. But then again, I have no principles.

If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen.
And if / when it does, I'd much rather Spurs be in it, than left on the sidelines with local derbies against Fulham and Palace our season highlights.

It's gotta be said. Hat's off to Mr Levy for securing our place at the top table if indeed that turns out to be the case.

In fact, the anti - Levy frenzy being whipped up over this is really quite enjoyable alarming

This competition would replace UEFA's tournaments, we would still remain in our domestic league.

Yeah, okay, watching Sky Sports have Neville lament this 'greed' almost makes me want it. The absolute fucking hypocrisy of them considering what Sky set in motion all those years ago is astounding.

It's almost certainly them shitting themselves because they smell lost revenue.

Absolutely. He's angry be he won't be part of it and nor will Sky in any capacity hopefully.

This competition would replace UEFA's tournaments, we would still remain in our domestic league.
No it wouldn't. At least not in the currently suggested form.

UEFA still wants to operate the Champions League and Europa League. And the current verdict from UEFA (with the PL, La Liga and Serie A behind them) is that all clubs that join it get thrown out of their domestic leagues.

If they follow through on that is another matter entirely.

No it wouldn't. At least not in the currently suggested form.

UEFA still wants to operate the Champions League and Europa League. And the current verdict from UEFA (with the PL, La Liga and Serie A behind them) is that all clubs that join it get thrown out of their domestic leagues.

If they follow through on that is another matter entirely.

It would replace our participation in those tournaments. That's what I meant to say.

Back
Top Bottom