Europa League vs Gent (20.05KO)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now I've had a few minutes to calm down.. Long term this may be a good thing. Frustrating, yes, but we all know how difficult it is to win this tournament. Would it really be worth the extra games and effort to most probably get knocked out in the quarters or semis?

Want us to go all out for FA cup and I fully expect a strong backlash against Stoke this weekend to keep pushing in the league. Season still has a lot to play for yet, Come on you Lillywhites!

Gent, Leverkusen and Monaco seemed to do pretty well there!
I wanna know why EVERY other player in Europe bar OURS seem to thrive at Wembley...
Can't WE take inspiration from playingat ICONIC WEMBLEY rather than being daunted by it...
We've got 65/70,000 people on our side!! How come the 10/15.000 away fans can make ALL the difference?
There's a difference between "going to Wem-ba-ley" and having to play there week in, week out and try to build it into your own personal fortress.
I think as a club we suffer from Separation Anxiety.
And...and...I wanna go home to mommy
p_101528432.jpg

Kane was just short of coverting crosses a few times, not his fault, but who was behind him in case he missed it ? no-one everyone else was outside the 6yd box
if we had 2 real strikers but would have been in the 6 yd box, we only have dele as a true attacking midfielder
look at how many chances it takes Eriksen and Son to have before they score,
really wonder what we do in training, other than lark about and run round to be fit, takes more than that to be a good team

Choke on a chode you defeatist cunt. With that attitude you might as well be an Woolwich supporter. "Top four's our everything". Gooner maggot troll.
No mate the second tier European cup is everything even UEFA can't be arsed we didn't win a fucking game are you new to football?

Just left Wembley. Thought we played well but we can't keep missing chances galore and we can't keep letting teams score from the minimal chances they create.

Thought Vertonghen and Walker were our best players. Tbh nobody played poorly but jesus Davies really seems afraid to get forward and when he does he doesn't beat the man with the cross. It was very frsutrating to watch.

I wonder why nobody has mentioned it yet, but our performances have began to drop when Rose got injured. We're forced to play Davies on the left side.. well.. not going to complain too much about him, but he is simply not offering the same dynamic/speed as Rose can. Our left wing just seems to be so static and slow now, forcing us to focus more on Walker who gets shut down more often. Son did kind of change this when he came on. He was creating some dynamic on the left side of the box and suddenly the defense of Gent was forced to spread out more widely.
Long terms short: I think our game without Rose is lacking in diversity and speed when going forward, making it easier for enemies to defend against which then results in Jan shooting from 30m right into the next thing flying around in our solar system.
Short terms even shorter: We have no valuable Rose-backup.

This team looks like it has a mental block when it comes to winning something important. We have to do what Mourinho does with every new team. He just goes balls deep into that dogshit CUP that he is going to win next week and that will teach the team how to win and cope with pressure...

I really hoped we would rotate our squad for both games, or geez, like at least 1 of the last 3 matches.
Kane needs proper rest, even if he looks passable most of the time. Now we head to stoke with most key players having put in a 90' on 10 men. That I feel is an extremely poor scenario that we should have taken concrete steps (ie rotation) to prevent from occurring.

I am really worried that Poch is so hellbent on his hardcore first-team exclusion policy that he is grinding our players into dust with so many successive games late on in the season. Yea the players look "passable" most of the time, but they are high quality and so can keep appearances up alright despite being extremely tired. Maybe not everyone is "deserving of playing time" to Poch, but, with the injury problems we have at present, I just do not understand why Janssen, Wimmer and GKN are sitting on the bench every game. It's completely baffling to me.

He had plenty of rest when he was injured earlier in the season.

We played Rose and Walker in the same line up ONCE in Europe this season.

I bet you can guess the game that was.

That's right, the only game that DIDNT matter. The 3-1 win against CSKA Moscow.

That was our problem, we only started playing our strong team when it didn't matter.

We played 8 games in Europe this season and we won ONE game. That ONE game we played Rose and Walker as our pace and width.

I wonder why nobody has mentioned it yet, but our performances have began to drop when Rose got injured. We're forced to play Davies on the left side.. well.. not going to complain too much about him, but he is simply not offering the same dynamic/speed as Rose can. Our left wing just seems to be so static and slow now, forcing us to focus more on Walker who gets shut down more often. Son did kind of change this when he came on. He was creating some dynamic on the left side of the box and suddenly the defense of Gent was forced to spread out more widely.
Long terms short: I think our game without Rose is lacking in diversity and speed when going forward, making it easier for enemies to defend against which then results in Jan shooting from 30m right into the next thing flying around in our solar system.
Short terms even shorter: We have no valuable Rose-backup.
Everyone knows Davies is not Rose, the manager has worked with the squad long enough to say when I play davies we need to play like this, when I play trippier we play like this, its called coaching,
what every manager should be doing is what Mourinho does, he thinks what would I do if this player is missing, or he is sent off,

Back
Top Bottom