Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd say the only caveat to that is VDV potentially filling in at LB if required, which may increase the chance of a Dier appearance, but otherwise I agree.

That would still mean injury to Udogie and 3 CBs..... In such circumstances you're just shit out of luck and have to accept that you're cursed for the season.

I don’t think he can even do a backup job for us.

He’s a 5th or 6th CB at this stage in his career.

He completely just let the runner run right past him on the 2nd goal. Then his usual passive self on the 3rd. He doesn’t understand how to defend anymore.

I don’t think he can even do a backup job for us.

He’s a 5th or 6th CB at this stage in his career.

He completely just let the runner run right past him on the 2nd goal. Then his usual passive self on the 3rd. He doesn’t understand how to defend anymore.

I just think it's interesting that you've left out some key points.

1st in vibes
2nd in flapping arms
1st in translating
1st in being a documentary subject

Educate yourself on what it takes to WIN

:skippcalm:

Fuck "humiliating him". He doesn't deserve that.

Man U have treated Maguire like a bunch of cunts.... Even though the've pampered and pandered to all sorts of average or worse players over the recent years.... Jones, Smalling, Lingard, Martial amongst others..... Fucking Pogba.
When you take into consideration his price tag, Maguire is comfortably worse than all those guys apart from Jones and that was because of lack of availability.

Jones aside, all those guys had big moments for Utd - He’s the only one in that list that got himself into trouble off the field as well.

Similar to Dier over here, and Holding at Woolwich, I find it amazing the lengths people go to cover for him.

When you take into consideration his price tag, Maguire is comfortably worse than all those guys apart from Jones and that was because of lack of availability.

Pricetag is irrelevant...... That's their own stupid fault; not Maguires. Besides they're still happy to shop him around for near on 40m quid!

Jones aside, all those guys had big moments for Utd - He’s the only one in that list that got himself into trouble off the field as well.

Similar to Dier over here, and Holding at Woolwich, I find it amazing the lengths people go to cover for him.

Eh? I'm not covering for his performances; they've just treated him poorly regardless.

Pricetag is irrelevant...... That's their own stupid fault; not Maguires. Besides they're still happy to shop him around for near on 40m quid!

Eh? I'm not covering for his performances; they've just treated him poorly regardless.

He’s not a baby. Ten Haag has made it clear to him that he’s surplus to requirements, and that he’s taking the squad in a different direction with a new leader nucleus. Ten Haag will inevitably judged on whether that was the right course of action or not. It’s up to Maguire to either stay and collect his money or push for a move. That’s the business.

If they’re treating Maguire badly, then so are we with Lloris, but IMO neither is the case.

It’s not humiliation for a manager to say to a player that they dont believe it’s a good fit. In fact given how much protection in the general media that Maguire has enjoyed despite years of ropey performances, I’d call it a brave decision by Ten Haag. Just like his call on De Gea.

some people were actually arguing that it would be a smart decision giving him a new contract to keep his value high.
Only the
morons-matthew-glave.gif

He’s shit and actually the worst fit for our system of any single one of our CBs, even makeshift CB Davies would do a better job as he has pace and ability to keep up with speed

Everton could use him let’s get that one going

I'm calm.... If we bring 1 more in, he'll be 6th in the pecking order at which point he'll be nothing more than a training body and a mascot if he insists on staying.......

Rom
VDV
???
Davies
Phillips
Dier
Davies and VDV can't play on the right so if Rom goes down it will likely be Dier in.

Given his seniority I would be surprised if Champo kid with 12 appearances is thrown in the deep end ahead of him.

I imagine Dier would be allowed to play himself out of the team and it would cost us points.

Davies and VDV can't play on the right so if Rom goes down it will likely be Dier in.

Given his seniority I would be surprised if Champo kid with 12 appearances is thrown in the deep end ahead of him.

I imagine Dier would be allowed to play himself out of the team and it would cost us points.

"If we bring 1 more in......."

....That's who the question marks are intended to represent.

Back
Top Bottom