Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did Dire took the CB spot from fazio for the season ?

or do you think fazio is still ahead of him ?
I think it is still Fazio's spot, but Dier was really effective todaay and strategically his speed just made more sense. I'm really excited to see how we continues to progresses.

Made himself big today which was massive credit to him. I think he was in for his pace which makes sense but I worried we might miss Fazio's aerial and physical dominance. Eric stepped up big time, well done lad.

Played very well today, once again. I was starting to get a bit worried when he wasn't playing that maybe Poch didn't rate him, but the last few games he's stepped it up and good on him! He's got to start against Liverpool, in my opinion. He's much faster than Fazio and we'll need his pace against Sterling, Sturridge etc.

Hard to believe he's only 20 and played his 3rd (?) BPL match as a centre back. His future is bright!

21 now, his birthday was 15th of Jan. Still very young though and looks like he'll mature into a great player. Defenders tend to hit their peak form at a late age (28-30+), considering this he's got ages left to develop and he's already very, very good. The best transfer this season?

Played very well today, once again. I was starting to get a bit worried when he wasn't playing that maybe Poch didn't rate him, but the last few games he's stepped it up and good on him! He's got to start against Liverpool, in my opinion. He's much faster than Fazio and we'll need his pace against Sterling, Sturridge etc.

This. I think selection of either is solely down to who we are facing. If it's a big bulky forward that likes to throw himself about and is good in the air then Fazio starts. Pacey forwards get Dier instead. The fact that they are both so totally different is a blessing

Played well yesterday. I think that he's got a chance to start against Liverpool, but given that the game is Tuesday who knows who will get rotated out.

21 now, his birthday was 15th of Jan. Still very young though and looks like he'll mature into a great player. Defenders tend to hit their peak form at a late age (28-30+), considering this he's got ages left to develop and he's already very, very good. The best transfer this season?

Well, cheers for making me look a mug :chadliblow:.... Jokes aside, I agree completely! The signing looks like a steal for now.

Probably will with the pace of Sterling and Sturridge
100% on this. Was a little nervous (but trusted in Poch) when I saw him in the lineup against Woolwich, but went on to make me feel silly for doubting him.

Not only is he a little more mobile than Fazio generally (which makes him a better choice to play against Liverpool and their quick attackers), but I was totally shocked at how fast this lad can run when he gets up a head of steam.

There were a couple of times in the North London Derby where the blonde fucker blitzed towards their defence like a mad bastard. Really good at getting his head onto corners too - no surprise that he's bagged a goal that way already.

So happy that we no longer has tried playing him at right back. He is very good in the middle, and below average as a full back.

Could have ruined his Spurs career..

Back
Top Bottom