Episode 3 questions (already recorded)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: Episode 3 questions

Will there ever be a girl born who can swim faster than a shark?

Also, would you rather finish 2nd to Woolwich's first, or 5th to their 6th?

What is the perfect match day food? For me it's pie, cause I'm a fat prick.

- should we ban the players from Twitter?

- do you share my opinion that the performance, given new personnel, formation and manager was v.encouraging to see? result aside.

- Tom Huddlestone, possible trequartista?

- is the fact that Jake Livermore is a sound lad and massive yid saving him from the reality that he offers very little but some reliability and the fact that he just isn't good enough?

- AVB: did you miss the squat and suit? do you think this was a conscience decision to soften his look and make him less of a target?

- do you think the plan to give Vertonghen an 'easier' debut against West-Brom was a good idea?

BainsXIII said:
- should we ban the players from Twitter?

- do you share my opinion that the performance, given new personnel, formation and manager was v.encouraging to see? result aside.

- Tom Huddlestone, possible trequartista?

- is the fact that Jake Livermore is a sound lad and massive yid saving him from the reality that he offers very little but some reliability and the fact that he just isn't good enough?

- AVB: did you miss the squat and suit? do you think this was a conscience decision to soften his look and make him less of a target?

- do you think the plan to give Vertonghen an 'easier' debut against West-Brom was a good idea?

Not the place to discuss it. But you're wrong

Love you, Case.

back to the questions.

We don't sign a striker this window. Defoe clearly cannot be expected to play every game up front on his own, especially away, or gets injured/suspended. How do we set up to play?

AVB-Suit or Trackie?

why shouldn't it be discussed on the pod? when O'Hara broke in to the side he arguably showed more potential than Jake has, and if he was sold on as sub-par that what is the difference?

Jake tackles simply, passes simply and retains possession adequately, but ever other player in that position does all those things but also offers more, which without a traditional play maker in the system, we need in order to link defense with attack. Huddlestone has the ability to pass and tackle better than Jake, with better vision and goal threat. Parker has better engine, makes better challenges and blocks, and is an on field leader for the other boys. Sandro is box to box dynamite, he can attack well, defend exceptionally and has more potential and quality than anyone else in that position.

I honestly believe that had Jake been brought in as a Pienaar type signing, he'd have more critics for not being good enough, with the progression we're looking to make, 'ok' shouldn't be an acceptable standard anymore. As I alluded to in my OP, it boils down to whether what's more important; having yids playing for Tottenham even if they might not be good enough and letting them off because they're one of us, or success and progression?

Think linnet was referring to this thread as the place to discuss it.

BainsXIII said:
Windy agrees that Hudds better on the ball but Livermore's pace is what AVB rates as more useful :)

Windy also thinks Kane is the next Messi.... sort of.

I'm coming to England from Washington, DC for the first time in September and got a ticket to see Spurs and QPR. It will be my first Premier League match and I can't wait! Anyway...

What is the perfect match day routine? What pubs and restaurants around White Hart Lane are the best? Do football fans in England tailgate (Chicago Dan should know what I mean)?

Thank you for the pointers. Feel free to send a link to a previous podcast or blog entry if you have discussed this before.

Back
Top Bottom