Enic out!? No – just do their job. The state of Spurs we’re in

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"In that time Enic have signed and sold a cast of thousands, appointed or sacked nine managers (or ‘head coaches’)"

Ummm, no they haven't. They've neither appointed nor sacked nine.

7 Appointed, of which 5 Sacked (Even AVB is a borderline sacking/resignation)

2001 Glenn Hoddle (sacked)
2003 David Pleat (Caretaker)
2004 Jacques Santini (left)
2004 Martin Jol (sacked)
2007 Clive Allen & Alex Inglethorpe (Caretaker)
2007 Juande Ramos (sacked)
2008 Clive Allen & Alex Inglethorpe (Caretaker)
2008 Harry Redknapp (sacked)
2012 André Villas-Boas (unknown mutual)
2013 Tim Sherwood

"In that time Enic have signed and sold a cast of thousands, appointed or sacked nine managers (or ‘head coaches’)"

Ummm, no they haven't. They've neither appointed nor sacked nine.

7 Appointed, of which 5 Sacked (Even AVB is a borderline sacking/resignation)

2001 Glenn Hoddle (sacked)
2003 David Pleat (Caretaker)
2004 Jacques Santini (left)
2004 Martin Jol (sacked)
2007 Clive Allen & Alex Inglethorpe (Caretaker)
2007 Juande Ramos (sacked)
2008 Clive Allen & Alex Inglethorpe (Caretaker)
2008 Harry Redknapp (sacked)
2012 André Villas-Boas (unknown mutual)
2013 Tim Sherwood
Accurate, but not much more reassuring.

Accurate, but not much more reassuring.

The last thing we want is for it to look worse though haha!

We're not quite Chelsea, but I do hope and think that this Summer will be better..

Why? With no disrespect to Sherwood, this is the first time in quite some time whereby the board have actually got 6 months to think about who is next and to plan it, not to have to react last minute.

It's also the first time we've had a squad of players and the reputation whereby we could realistically get one of the better managers that will be available.

Let's keep positive. Unfortunately, I don't see Sherwood being manager next season so we'll have to accept change is inevitable. Maybe he'll be in a different role, I just hope that whoever comes in can do it with back stabbing and bickering.

I just don't see why any high profile manager would want to join a club that is in our situation. I know I'm being pessimistic but I foresee lots of players( Jan, Eriksen, Lamela, even Paulinho) wanting to leave the club at the end of the season.
Unless we start spending (and I mean spending, not throwing 'Bale' money out the window and still having a profit at the end) I don't see why someone would want to come and try a 4th+ place finish next season with a team that loses motivation one game at a time. In my opinion that Bale transfer ruined the potential of this club for now:(.
I know one player does not make a team, but building around and having players like Bale, Modric, van der Vaart in the team made us 'that top team' that Spurs was marketed in the last 3 years.
I really hope that I am wrong and the 'abandon ship' scenario is only in my mind. I just want Spurs to stop taking one step forward and 2 steps backwards. I want us to keep our current players whit potential and sort out this Soldado/Lamela/rightback issue because it just doesn't look right. Build a team up next season, stabilize it more and THEN we go for that CL spot and STAY THERE.

but hey, I'm just a noob.

I just don't see why any high profile manager would want to join a club that is in our situation. I know I'm being pessimistic but I foresee lots of players( Jan, Eriksen, Lamela, even Paulinho) wanting to leave the club at the end of the season.
Unless we start spending (and I mean spending, not throwing 'Bale' money out the window and still having a profit at the end) I don't see why someone would want to come and try a 4th+ place finish next season with a team that loses motivation one game at a time. In my opinion that Bale transfer ruined the potential of this club for now:(.
I know one player does not make a team, but building around and having players like Bale, Modric, van der Vaart in the team made us 'that top team' that Spurs was marketed in the last 3 years.
I really hope that I am wrong and the 'abandon ship' scenario is only in my mind. I just want Spurs to stop taking one step forward and 2 steps backwards. I want us to keep our current players whit potential and sort out this Soldado/Lamela/rightback issue because it just doesn't look right. Build a team up next season, stabilize it more and THEN we go for that CL spot and STAY THERE.

I doubt Eriksen would go, and Lamela is stuck with us due to the residual. Out of those two, latest talk has suggested that Jan/Paulinho aren't quite in it for the long haul, so they would be the most likely I feel.

High profile managers would want to come to us because the squad has a lot of potential, we're quite wealthy so these a good chance of money for the right players (unlike many PL teams) and we're a difficult looking, easy challenge. Perfect for the ego of a top manager.

In reality, though, we'll just have to get through this season, enjoy Rio 2014, then we'll be in for a massive pre-season in terms of players & manager. I don't think we'll know for sure who will come/go until after the world cup, as a lot of it depends on how well the players we have do there.

I couldn't agree more... Well I could if u said that I'm handsome & great but bar that, top post & welcome

I doubt Eriksen would go, and Lamela is stuck with us due to the residual. Out of those two, latest talk has suggested that Jan/Paulinho aren't quite in it for the long haul, so they would be the most likely I feel.

High profile managers would want to come to us because the squad has a lot of potential, we're quite wealthy so these a good chance of money for the right players (unlike many PL teams) and we're a difficult looking, easy challenge. Perfect for the ego of a top manager.

In reality, though, we'll just have to get through this season, enjoy Rio 2014, then we'll be in for a massive pre-season in terms of players & manager. I don't think we'll know for sure who will come/go until after the world cup, as a lot of it depends on how well the players we have do there.
Thinking of it that way makes sense.

I just don't see why any high profile manager would want to join a club that is in our situation.
I think there are a few of the very top managers who would do it for their ego. That's why I think LvG wants to come. We're constantly underachieving and he's won the title in most of the big leagues, bar England. It's right up his alley to finish his stunning career with winning the Premier League, and what better way to do it than finally turning the perennial nearly men into trophy winners?

Last edited:
I think there are a few of the very top managers who would do it for their ego. That's why I think LvG wants to come. We're constantly underachieving and he's won the title in most of the big leagues, bar England. It's right up his alley to finish his stunning career with winning the Premier League, and what better way to do it than finally turning the perennial nearly men into trophy winners?
I might say something stupid now, but from what Ive seen in the past years is that Spurs managers have close to 0 saying when it comes to player transfers. The cash is just showed to them and then Baldini+jew decide what they will blow the cash on. I don't think that a manager ( especially one whit an ego) will allow himself to be treated as a puppet unless something fantastic will be promised to them.

From what I understood AVB had close to 0 decision when it came to the transfers. Ofc he wanted Villa and Hulk like super priced players whit huge salaried, but still 100m was spent and maybe Paulinho, Chiriches and Eriksen are the ones that made sense. I get that there is an entire scout army looking for prospects and stuff, but there are still well established players on manager radars.
Lamela looks like the next 'Bale' wanabe project for the next 2-3 years but even that looks like a huge gamble.

Right now I don't want a manager superstar + CL promises. I want someone that has actual experience and a tactic to work out. Buy players according to his tactics and make them work together. People that want one year glory promises can look somewhere else.-------------> City+Real. here theres a new team on the pitch every season so don't buy Tshirts with a name on.

Back
Top Bottom