England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know people really want to see a Maddison in midfield, or play Foden there which would give us another attacker on the pitch. But against the best sides I think that just leaves you far too open and vulnerable. You want to get the best out of Bellingham, he's our best player, so if that means playing someone behind him, alongside Rice, just to do a lot of the dirty work then so be it. Gallagher, Mainoo and Jones are all decent options. I think Mainoo will be the obvious option in the future, but whether the Euros is a bit too soon for him is another questions seeing as he's not even had a full season at club level yet.

Gallagher will give you that gritty 7 out of 10 performance and allow others to shine.
Maddison is just as hard working as that pony tailed turd, wins tackles and is better on the ball. He’s not a lightweight, lazy #10. When you say best sides, who are you talking about? France? I agree you might want someone to cover the defensive ground but that’s ok to change them for key games, doesn’t matter vs shite like Denmark etc, just go and dominate them and pick good footballers. It’s not like shoehorning Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes and hoping they work

If you’re playing with a 10 it is Foden. He’s better than Maddison and then you play Saka or whoever else at RW.

Maddison just isn’t making this England lineup, early season form yes. Great player but we have an abundance of creative attacking types.

GJXutFlWIAAhBPs

v

GJX6WNbWEAIkr_8

FA apparently 'worried for Southgate a future' amir Man United interest.

:dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:

What a load of bollocks - if Southgate goes to Man United he will last 6 months at most.

He knows that, we know that, the entire world knows it.
I actually he would be a good fit for them for a few years, stable, nice guy - will improve them and work well with new management and get them challenging for top 4…. Won’t make the jump to challenge for the PL but could create a bridge for someone else. They stink at the moment and the manager is an aloof gibbon

Can't wait until we struggle to play out, that Rice and Gallagher pivot is reminiscent of Busquets, Xavi combo, wonder if one of our full backs can come into midfield and help out...oh maybe not with Walker or Chilwell...

We have injuries galore. Who the hell do you want to play out from fullback? Trent is injured and so is Shaw.

Midfielders, I’m sure Mainoo will get on at some point but he’s 18.. wasn’t going to start. We don’t have an abundance of Xabi Alonso’s in the country.

It’s pretty much the best he could put out with all the injuries and withdrawals.

We have injuries galore. Who the hell do you want to play out from fullback? Trent is injured and so is Shaw.

Midfielders, I’m sure Mainoo will get on at some point but he’s 18.. wasn’t going to start. We don’t have an abundance of Xabi Alonso’s in the country.

It’s pretty much the best he could put out with all the injuries and withdrawals.

Yeah fair enough, didn't realise we had so many injuries.

He's never gonna play Foden or Maddison in midfield is he but he should, also would have liked to seen Palmer start.

Yeah fair enough, didn't realise we had so many injuries.

He's never gonna play Foden or Maddison in midfield is he but he should, also would have liked to seen Palmer start.

Palmer withdrew.

I’d love to see Rice/Foden/Bellingham but I get why we won’t .. it’s very lightweight against top teams.

I actually he would be a good fit for them for a few years, stable, nice guy - will improve them and work well with new management and get them challenging for top 4…. Won’t make the jump to challenge for the PL but could create a bridge for someone else. They stink at the moment and the manager is an aloof gibbon
Your basing this on him getting Middlesbrough relegated and him leading England through the Qualifiers and going out every time against the first half decent team they encounter?

Slow and steady probably a good fit for United with the players they've got and Rashford seems to like him so he'd probably get something out of him, Shaw and Maguire.

Back
Top Bottom