England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It will be exactly the same as every other tournament.

We’ll lose the moment we face any hint of quality, be that quarters, semis or final.

There’s a constipated industry at the heart of this team that will never change. We’re the international Aston Villa.

We’re Spurs.

We don’t need to be though. On paper we have the best attack going with Kane, Saka, Foden and Bellingham. It feels like we are preparing to waste it all. I know the FA wants to win, but they aren’t desperate to win anything, it’s a nice to have and that is the problem other countries will be desperate.

Exactly how I saw it really. It was two good teams missing key players. For most of the game there was nothing in it, but they finished stronger and looked more likely to score a second than we did to equalize, which is dissapointing. We all know with Kane's link up play and quality this evening we would have had much more of a goal threat. Watkins is good but he's not Kane. In fact I think Toney offers more and would have Watkins as number three.

The fact he didn’t give Toney any minutes at all is very concerning. Same thing happened the last time Toney was called up.

We did not look like a good team and nor did they. We looked like two very average teams with a couple of very good players.

First half especially it was basically waiting for a Vini moment vs waiting for a Bellingham moment. The rest looked bang average and neither team looked particularly well coached at all.

And that would still be enough to beat many sides, so I think that makes both good teams. It was a friendly at the end of the day. People can be too up and down in regards to opinions with results and individual performances game by game. They'll no doubt be people saying Foden is over-hyped again because he wasn't allowed to have anything like his best game. Bellingham too, because he didn't score. For a friendly I thought it was a decent end to end game by two teams missing their star player, or one of them at least.

We don’t need to be though. On paper we have the best attack going with Kane, Saka, Foden and Bellingham. It feels like we are preparing to waste it all. I know the FA wants to win, but they aren’t desperate to win anything, it’s a nice to have and that is the problem other countries will be desperate.

Bellingham is quality on the ball but I watched him solely for quite a bit tonight and it could have been because it was a friendly but he does quite a bit of strolling about.

And that would still be enough to beat many sides, so I think that makes both good teams. It was a friendly at the end of the day. People can be too up and down in regards to opinions with results and individual performances game by game. They'll no doubt be people saying Foden is over-hyped again because he wasn't allowed to have anything like his best game. Bellingham too, because he didn't score. For a friendly I thought it was a decent end to end game by two teams missing their star player, or one of them at least.

We play like this too often. It isn’t a one off and thats why people are saying these things.

It will be exactly the same as every other tournament.

We’ll lose the moment we face any hint of quality, be that quarters, semis or final.

There’s a constipated industry at the heart of this team that will never change. We’re the international Aston Villa.

But but but the next manager will get the best out of this squad.

Add Bored To Death GIF by Travis

We play like this too often. It isn’t a one off and thats why people are saying these things.

And I totally get that. The second half especially was a bit of a grind. Just don't think it was quite as bad as many will make out, and their are obvious reasons why we didn't create as much as we would have liked.

And I totally get that. The second half especially was a bit of a grind. Just don't think it was quite as bad as many will make out, and their are obvious reasons why we didn't create as much as we would have liked.

People are just tired, man. They’re tired of not being able to actually look forward to and enjoy matches when the team has so many players who we should be looking forward to watching.

Back
Top Bottom