Encounters with Footballers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh and saw Jack Wilshere at work in 2013, the bird I was working with wanted a picture taken with him, so he stops poses and I take the picture on her phone, he turns to me and says 'do you want a photo?' I say no thanks. Mugged him right off I did.
Shoulda said "yes.." handed him the camera and posed with the bird... then when he's taken it said "now fuck off bitch boy"

once saw Frank Lampard with his bird (was that spanish girl that Peter Andre fired into after)) and his mum and dad, in a restaraunt in Ibiza about 7 years ago. it was early evening and they were probably just wanting a nice quiet meal but there was an enourmous pink blotchy english girl standing pointing, giggling and taking photos with her mates. I did feel sorry for Frank for a few seconds.

Bumped into David Bentley on the overground, he smiled as he was talking to a random bird on the train, he got off and the same station as I did and he didn't go straight out the station, he walked around the platform until the crowds moved out. Odd.

Probably waiting for some stalker cunt to fuck off...

Met quite a lot cos ive worked at lots of grounds.... came across owen a few times always found him really pleasant. Once had a 20 min conversation with a bloke who turned out to be Graham souness... I just didnt recognise him. Keegan is very down to earth and we pissed ourselves at chris kamara when he fell down the ladder from the commentary gantry at highfield road. He thought no one had seen him till we laugh and he told us to bollocks.

I met Stephen Carr outside the Lane on a weekday morning, when I was paying for my membership. I got his autograph but I think I must've thrown it away. I think he was with Gary Doherty but he hadn't played for Spurs yet, so I didn't recognise him. Gutted.

I met Ian Wright when I did a work placement at Talksport. He's actually a top bloke and we were laughing at some Ian Holloway quotes. He also let me interview him for a uni project and spent about 15mins answering my questions.

I met Aaron Lennon on the Tottenham High Road before a game once. It was the last game of the season and he was in his Ferrari stuck in traffic. He shook my hand and told me he wasn't playing as he'd bashed his knee in training.

I met Ian Wright when I did a work placement at Talksport. He's actually a top bloke and we were laughing at some Ian Holloway quotes. He also let me interview him for a uni project and spent about 15mins answering my questions.

I met Aaron Lennon on the Tottenham High Road before a game once. It was the last game of the season and he was in his Ferrari stuck in traffic. He shook my hand and told me he wasn't playing as he'd bashed his knee in training.
Should have whacked his other knee and nicked his motor!!!

My mate works for the FA and sometimes secures us tickets to the posh do's before England games at Wembley.

I think it was the Moldova game, we went to the pre-game dinner and there were a bunch of ex-players there. I only got to talk to Graham Le Saux, seemed quite a nice bloke but was clearly waiting for one of his mates to come speak to him rather than me.

Not a footballer, but I met Simon Thomas (Sky Sports presenter) several times. Once at the hotel where I used to work, and again at the above mentioned dinner. Nice guy but didn't remember me from the hotel, the cunt.

Steffen Iversen and Darren Anderton, many times in Batchwood Hall in the early 90's - miserable twunt was Dazza.

Frank Lampard and Rio Ferdinand in Eros, Enfield when they were still both (I think) at West Ham. Frank was a good bloke, relaxed and happy to chat while Rio was surly and miserable while sucking on a lollipop. As we left, my mate said to Rio "why don't you play for a proper club like Spurs?" to which Rio flipped him the middle finger.

:vdvcry:

Edgar Davids (as in my avatar) at Schiphol airport just before getting on any Easyjet flight back to the UK. I sat in front of him so I could maybe catch some juicy info (not that I speak Dutch) but all I found out was that he wanted his change from his sandwich in £ rather than Euro's and that he wasn't taking no for an answer from the stewardess.

Had to look after Craig Bellamy for the day for an advert for the ryder cup in 2012. Top bloke until I asked what happened about him not signing for us....He said he wanted to go but Levy was being stingy 'like a typical jew'...

My first game at White Hart Lane was a competition win and I met/saw quite a few famous players/people in the corporate rooms.

after the game (Spurs 3 - Man utd 5 - yes, that one) I approached Martin Chivers to get his autograph on my match programme. I'd had a few beers and just waded into his conversation with another bloke (still feel I was a bit rude), but he obliged pleasantly. I was taking my programme and pen back when the fella he was chatting to grabbed it from me and started scribbling on it too....and I'm thinking "What the fuck's he doing?".
He handed it back to me and I said "OK...thanks", and walked back to my group.
Turns out it was Martin Peters. :eriksenlip:

My late Mum went over to England to see her niece marry Joe Cole and they arranged for her to sit in the VIP area Wembley Stadium for the inaugural match England v Brazil. She was so chuffed to see in her words "so many famous people sitting so close to me". She really enjoyed that match, despite being ill with cancer and they looked after her over there like she was a celebrity. Very much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom