Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm guessing you are one of the so called "fans" who booed this guy and now feel like you can't row back on your position so double down.

He was excellent today - playing out of position YET AGAIN. Never complains. Never drops his head. Never hides. Never gives less than a %100. Just does what he's asked to to the best of his ability.

He might have 1/10th of Cuti's ability but at least he's fucking there to play which none of us can argue Cuti is whether through suspension or injury. And that ball to Johnson for the 3rd goal was as good as any ball played by Cuti or Porro.

The disrespect this guy gets from the some sections of our fan base is gooner-levels embarrassing.

Indeed, gotta appreciate these kind of players, he ain't the best but he puts his all into it when he plays, sometimes he might be shit, sometimes he might be good but playing out of position as a CB in a team like ours isn't easy, I thought he played really well in this context personally.

Just finished watching the game on record and thought he was our best player tonight. I think all the defenders were the better performers but I think emerson was the best player for me tonight.

really grew into the CB role during those couple matches. Seems like a safe bet especially against weaker opponents like Burnley yesterday where we control flow of the game

Really impressed with him last night, I thought he couldn't play CB but he's really proved me wrong.
He's obviously not an out and out CB. But he's going to make himself incredibly valuable by being able to fill in at different positions to a decent degree.

You need that in your bench players since you cannot plan subs in advance. You need guys that can do whatever is required coming off the bench.

Feel like he’s a bit like the young Eric Dier in that he started at right back, can play at CB, and could probably do a job at CDM in a pinch since he plays pretty central when playing full back.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Back
Top Bottom