Dortmund v Spurs- Ropey League Last 16.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My prediction. I'm going to get very drunk and German beer. I didn't get tickets in the Spurs section so I'm in with the Germans. Should be interesting.
Got a mate in the same boat, we got 2 out of 3 tickets so he'll be on the other side of the fence.

Buzzing for the away day, who's on the 2pm out of Stansted on Wednesday? Absolute party plane.

Two poor results on the bounce. We've won two game in our last six games since we had that glorious night in Manchester.

Knocked out of the FA Cup in the process but in that time we have made it through to the last 16 of this European competition where we meet one of the best teams in Europe right now in Dortmund.

Let's put these two past London derby results behind us and push on. I wouldn't mind seeing some rotation for this one but stay relatively strong.

Lloris
Trippier - Alderweireld - Wimmer - Davies
Dier - Dembele
Lamela - Eriksen - Chadli
Kane
Full backs come back in as they tend to do in this rotation. Dier and Dembele to start central midfield, if we're going to progress in this tournament this away tie is going to be the important one. I'd bring Chadli in for Alli who didn't look fully fit today. Lamela has to start considering he's our top goalscorer in the competition and seems to flourish under the lights.

This will be a good test for our players with the heights of the Champions League potentially on the horizon. Dortmund will be there next season and we may even end up in the same group as them. They will go strong for this, perhaps rotating one or two but their big guys in Reus, Aubamayeng, Mhkitaryan will all be starting so we'll have to be alert.

--

Where?
Westfalenstadion.
81,000+ capacty.
Dortmund have lost 1 game there all season, 0-1 to PAOK in the group stages.
71 goals scored by them at home in all competitions.

When?
10th March 2016
Live on BT Sports
18:00 KO

Prediction?
2-1 loss.
Lamela getting the all important away goal to take back to WHL
That team is just too strong. Therein lies the dilemma. Do we play our best side against a very hard working pressing Dortmund or do we rest Lamela, Dier, dembele, Alli and Eriksen and go for the league?

I would not like to be in Poch's shoes right now. He's well aware of how the EL kills teams and 6 of those players have played in over 30 games and will have to play again . Lloris 35, Toby 37, Lamela 34 , Eriksen 32 Kane 35 and Dier 36.

This is going to be tough and as long as we do not concede more than a 1 goal advantage we are still in it. The Villa game is a must win and earlier in the season I would have said that we could rest players against Villa. Not now and Poch should only play players in the Europa that he is sure will be energetic enough to press Villa on Sunday. No way us fans can work out who needs a rest but I will not criticise whatever team he puts out as long as we win next Sunday.

Finally common sense prevails. We need to ROTATE and give the players a rest.We are in a tough predicament indeed but taking it game by game does not work. Need to plan ahead so dont have a situation where we play dortmund only to find our selves having 40 goal attemps and a 1-1 draw at villa park because of a lack of sharpness.
Rest: Dembele, Kane, Dele and Dier.

I'd definitely play Coco (why is Lamala called that? - no jokes about him being a clown, thank you!), as he seems to flourish in the Europa League, and I wouldn't rest Hugo.

I don't think Dembele or Alli are rid of their knocks yet. Whether they will be by Thursday enough to then turn it on vs Villa who knows. Cannot risk either as we're much weaker without them.

Villa and Bournemouth are absolutely must win to not only keep in the title race but, also to ensure there is at least a 3 game swing left between us and 5th place. It's all still very tight.

With the fixtures we have after these two, we cannot afford to drop any points beforehand. 1pt from 6 this week has not hurt as much as only getting 3-4 from the next 6 will do!

I'm not saying throw Dortmund but the league has to be priority now surely? If we go through in EL then it's another two tough fixtures sandwiching crucial league games.
We could be philosophical about going IF we did but, if we go out having given it equal priority and drop league points due to fatigue and injury then the title race is over and a scrap for 4th will be on.

Totti cheated his way through it, got find out, and since then has refused to acknowledge it at all. Instead of owning up and being a man about it, he just pretends it hasn't happened and ignores any posts about it. Shameful and arrogant tosser.

And so soon after we drop points against the scum he is sitting here writing his long match thread, trying to convince us all he's been supporting Spurs all his life. He came onto this forum as a Roma fan with a side interest in Spurs. Now he loves Spurs and is so affected by a game against the scum that he's polishing his nob on his next football manager thread already.

This sounds like an interesting story. How do you cheat at online chess? Did he have deep blue over his house, the IBM computer that beat Kasparov?

Awful predicament for Poch to be in. I think most fans would happily sacrifice Europe to go all out for the league but Poch has taken a different mentality all season and appears to want to win this.
If we were to knock out Dortmund you'd fancy our chances of going all the way.

The reality is though that Dortmund are probably the strongest side left in the competition. Even a full strength Spurs team doesn't guarantee we'll progress and it could harm our league campaign in the process.

I'd rest players with Villa in mind but I don't think Poch will. Here's hoping it doesn't backfire.

Either way I'm looking forward to a few days in Germany.

I'm glad you asked. See, Totti Totti wants the subject to be dropped forthwith, so it is quite amusing to deny him that pleasure.

He used a chess engine to enter his opponents' moves and then use the best computer suggested responses himself, making him unplayable. He dropped in the occasional inaccuracy to make himself seem like a human player.

He told us he was a junior chess champion

:dawsonlol:

He even went to the trouble of designing a logo for the tournament he was cheating his way through, I mean, fucking LOL.

I know. Who gives a fuck, really...

But the way he haughtily refuses to own up, or even acknowledge the posts people have made about it, leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Reveals a fraudulent character. Also makes it fun to take the piss out of him.

He's not a genuine Spurs supporter, either. Or at least, he hasn't been for very long. He came onto this forum openly as a Roma fan who had a side interest in Spurs. He's changed his tune.

I'm glad you asked. See, Totti Totti wants the subject to be dropped forthwith, so it is quite amusing to deny him that pleasure.

He used a chess engine to enter his opponents' moves and then use the best computer suggested responses himself, making him unplayable. He dropped in the occasional inaccuracy to make himself seem like a human player.

He told us he was a junior chess champion

:dawsonlol:

He even went to the trouble of designing a logo for the tournament he was cheating his way through, I mean, fucking LOL.

I know. Who gives a fuck, really...

But the way he haughtily refuses to own up, or even acknowledge the posts people have made about it, leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Reveals a fraudulent character. Also makes it fun to take the piss out of him.

He's not a genuine Spurs supporter, either. Or at least, he hasn't been for very long. He came onto this forum openly as a Roma fan who had a side interest in Spurs. He's changed his tune.

9ycWtQu.gif

I'd definitely play Coco (why is Lamala called that? - no jokes about him being a clown, thank you!), as he seems to flourish in the Europa League, and I wouldn't rest Hugo.

Coco -- Corinne, Colette, Cordelia, and Chloe can all be shortened to Coco,

Must he his alter ego?

erik-lamela.jpg
In he's past life playing for ASD Res Roma ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom