Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think it was racism, just stupid ignorance.

It’s typical ignorant generalising. It’s like meeting an Afroamerican and assuming he likes eating fried chicken and he has a criminal record.

There are other countries in Asia, they are not all Chinese. Dele should know this, he has an Asian team mate who doesn’t happen to be Chinese.
The stupid ignorance I can agree with you

then you lose me . It’s not really like those examples because they’re just far to extreme

you can be totalitarian in your application of ignorance or you can quite easily reason that there are less obvious cases

assuming dele is the type to hold prejudice that most Afroamericans are fried chicken eating convicts because he generalised an Asian man in an airport may or may not be from the source of his (awful) effort at humour (in the middle of a media frenzy) is not really the same at all .

It’s this forums favourite of reducing to the ridiculous for some hardcore virtue signally

he’s been a dick , tasteless rude , embarrassed himself and our club

I’m not prepared to hang him out to dry

I guess so many of you are fortunate that you’ve never done something stupid in your life. Feel free to climb down from that horse at any time.
It's one thing being young and stupid through ignorance but quite another when you work for a club that has dealt with perceived racism such as the 'Y' word, and much recently Rutiger.

Well I hope the sun doesn’t come out today as the majority of snow flakes will fucking melt if it does! A lot of people were quick to jump on the band wagon after the chelsea games calling out our fans as racist which come to nothing , is dele a racist, no he isn’t , he is just fucking stupid and immature and should know better, the talk of him never playing football for spurs and England again? Get a fucking grip of ya non binary vegan fucking selves!

He's been an idiot, but at least he's had the sense to apologise. Unfortunately, I think the damage has been done, and the way the media treat us, this won't go away any time soon.

He's been an idiot, but at least he's had the sense to apologise. Unfortunately, I think the damage has been done, and the way the media treat us, this won't go away any time soon.
90 percent of the people who have seen the video / read an article about it / heard about it will probably never know about 'the apologies'.

One of them being loads of spurs fans destroying his character on a spurs forum
Destroying his character is certainly not my intention, I am trying to explain what I find is wrong with what he is done to those who can’t seem to see it.

Just because he’s one of our own we can’t all shush up about it and defend what’s obviously wrong.

Dele has himself seen what he did could be offensive so he has immediately apologised, I consider the matter to be over to be honest.

Destroying his character is certainly not my intention, I am trying to explain what I find is wrong with what he is done to those who can’t seem to see it.

Just because he’s one of our own we can’t all shush up about it and defend what’s obviously wrong.

Dele has himself seen what he did could be offensive so he has immediately apologised, I consider the matter to be over to be honest.
Nobody has defended what he’s done some on here say it was racist others say it was tasteless and foolish, nobody from my WhatsApp groups, on Twitter or this forum has either advocated or defended

I thought it was way too severe

I definitely acknowledged he messed up and he’s atoned best he can with an apology

agree with you and hopefully it’s enough to put this to rest

I mean people have lost their jobs for less. I doubt people who are defending Dele and saying his racist video is just "banter" were too quick to defend the autistic kid who was banned from NWHL for mocking Asian supporters.

Back
Top Bottom