Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He really doesn't do himself any favours, does he? It's almost like he's accepted that he's finished at any decent level. Where's the Alli gone that used to have a load of fire and fight in him?

Not that anyone should need to care for someone who should have millions stashed (hopefully), be that property or other, but I have never seen someome so good become such a non-entity in such a short space of time.

That he was once a jewel in what waa nearly our crown just adds extra confusion..

At his best, even that City side of last season would have found space for him to play20 plus games minimum. And been better for it.

Beyond baffling.

Not that anyone should need to care for someone who should have millions stashed (hopefully), be that property or other, but I have never seen someome so good become such a non-entity in such a short space of time.

That he was once a jewel in what waa nearly our crown just adds extra confusion..

At his best, even that City side of last season would have found space for him to play20 plus games minimum. And been better for it.

Beyond baffling.
It absolutely floors me that he went downhill so fast !! One of the top English players in the game just a few years ago !!

Dyche not interested allegedly.....

7 games still required to trigger £10m appearance clause. 1 year left on his contract....

Bench or loan, then retirement for ol' Del-boy.

Last edited:
He'll wake up in 10 years time and wonder where it all went wrong.

Might as well line up Saudi or the MLS if he hasn’t decided done already. His top level career is finished and I can’t really see him dropping down the domestic leagues.
I think his reputation would be a red flag to most MLS clubs, his struggles have been well publicized . I suspect any contract would be tied to performance clauses. Saudi is a different matter all together though, they may just splash the cash due to his name. As you say though, he is finished at the top level unless Sean Dyche can perform a miracle.
Everton are cash strapped so they wont want to pay out 10 million unless they see value in him.

Back
Top Bottom