Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pussy out over answering a simple quesiton and then cry like a little bitch, a little victim because you've made yourself look like a fool. You could just answer the question and stop being a pussy. There is no debate or rehashing as you suggest. I jsut want you to spell it out for all to see the nonsense you spout...and that is just the thing you want to avoid because there is nothing credible to say and you know it. Fucking coward!!!! Just succinctly state what you rate about the player for all to see or jsut go back to being a pussy and hide behind whatever you think gives you the shameful cover you desire. Spineless fucking coward!!!!

It’s not that deep.

I just think Guido is going through the 5 stages of grief about Dele’s decline a lot slower than most. I get it, if you purely look at what he was producing at such a young age, that it can be hard to let go of because surely that ability just doesn’t disappear, no?

Personally I’ve wanted him sold since summer 2019, I remember saying it to a group of Spurs fans in shoreditch after the CL final and they all looked at me like I was crazy.

What was staleness has become outright decay and he is the biggest example of it.

I just think Guido is going through the 5 stages of grief about Dele’s decline a lot slower than most.
That'd be kinda fine if he wasn't in the thread running psyops for Dele everytime he sees the field. I bet there are a lot of folks that are in denial but quiet about it. No problems with them. It's the ones like Guido that deny reality and want everyone else in on their Q-anon bullshit that piss me off. But more than that it's the immature nonsense he pulled at the end to avoid the realization. That always gets me that a grown man would behave as such.

Personally I’ve wanted him sold since summer 2019, I remember saying it to a group of Spurs fans in shoreditch after the CL final and they all looked at me like I was crazy.
:allitongue: Wonder what they think now?

What was staleness has become outright decay and he is the biggest example of it.
Great way of putting it. Folks still want us to do what we were doing 5 seasons ago. It drives me nuts like "if we could just get Dele X (X= closer to Harry, free role, further away from MF or closer depending on which he was most recently bad at, etc etc etc) he'd come good". No he fucking won't!!!! He's done and has been for seasons now.

but yeah, jsut seeing him I'm like "Damn, this motherfucker is still here stinking up the joint". And you can then pop into this thread to find folks happy about it.

Call me mad but I honestly think we could fleece Everton or Newcastle for £30m for him. Newcastle are mega rich and desperate and Everton are rich and sign dross for big money exclusively. I, like most would probably take £20m for him, but Iwobi went for like £40m without having a good season in his career, without any previous hype or name value and wasn’t even home grown.

Call me mad but I honestly think we could fleece Everton or Newcastle for £30m for him. Newcastle are mega rich and desperate and Everton are rich and sign dross for big money exclusively. I, like most would probably take £20m for him, but Iwobi went for like £40m without having a good season in his career, without any previous hype or name value and wasn’t even home grown.
Iwobi was playing better than Dele has been. He’s been that bad.

Everton are now fucked and cannot spend as FFP (because of the previous losses born of dumb spending) now has a noose around their neck.

Dele is dreadful now, but Iwobi has never been more than average. Dele used to be considerably better than average (albeit a long time ago now).
I’m talking about in the months prior up to him before sold.

No sensible club is going to look at Dele and say that because he was last effective 3 years ago, they are going to play even £25mil

Our best hope is that he has Lingard at WHU type renaissance on loan.

No sensible club is going to look at Dele and say that because he was last effective 3 years ago, they are going to play even £25mil
Agreed, but a desperate Newcastle with cash to burn aren’t going to be sensible. I wasn’t saying loads of clubs would be interested, I mean why would they? He’s shit.

He got too much, too soon. Clearly doesn't have the appetite for the game he once did, and is more bothered about things outside of football. Shame for us as he could have genuinely been a world-class goal-scoring midfielder. Now he's more than content to just be mediocre.

He got too much, too soon. Clearly doesn't have the appetite for the game he once did, and is more bothered about things outside of football. Shame for us as he could have genuinely been a world-class goal-scoring midfielder. Now he's more than content to just be mediocre.
He still looks lean and fit….. he’s hardly morphed into an oaf like Rooney. I think it’s more that he’s entirely limited as a footballer. He has some strengths but his weaknesses are major so he’s now been exposed

He still looks lean and fit….. he’s hardly morphed into an oaf like Rooney. I think it’s more that he’s entirely limited as a footballer. He has some strengths but his weaknesses are major so he’s now been exposed

Well he used to play with a bit of spite in his game but that's long gone. I just don't see someone who really wants it as he did before. He wasn't a great player when he had a wonderful couple of seasons. But he was often the difference maker, in that he often made his one or two big moments in many games really count.

Well he used to play with a bit of spite in his game but that's long gone. I just don't see someone who really wants it as he did before. He wasn't a great player when he had a wonderful couple of seasons. But he was often the difference maker, in that he often made his one or two big moments in many games really count.
Yeah good point. Perhaps he’s also lacking some confidence too and knows he’s been poor and peripheral so is playing it safe

I do dispute the physically, unprofessional accusations though made by some, but agree he definitely is lacking spite

Yeah good point. Perhaps he’s also lacking some confidence too and knows he’s been poor and peripheral so is playing it safe

I do dispute the physically, unprofessional accusations though made by some, but agree he definitely is lacking spite

Probably just needs a move and a change of scenery to be fair. Will be good for us and for him. Just look at how much Lingard looked like a completely different player for West Ham.

I'm sick of the sight of him. That stupid haircut isn't helping either. I've given him more leeway than many others but i can't see what future he has here now. He's just a drain on resources and i don't really see him as a positive influence on younger players. Rather an example of how to waste your talent.

Still he's got a lot of followers on Insta which i'm sure his advisors will be happy with as an example of the strength of his brand.

"Oaf like Rooney". Perfect description 🤣.

Back
Top Bottom