Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You think he's one dimensional? I think he has it all tbh. Wasn't expecting that rocket he scored last night. I really think he's something special, and I hope we can hang onto him. He could be the first player I love more than VDV...

:vdvcry:
Sorry, you're right, Alli definitely has more than one dimension to his play which makes him wonderful to watch and excited that he could be our next VDV. But I do still agree that it's beneficial to have the different option of a Dembele on our squad depending on who we're playing, what the score is, where we're playing, etc. It's a wonderful thing.

16ke6jc.jpg

Am I the first person to post his myspace picture? I really hope I am.
I'm not even old but that picture makes me feel OLD

I'm not even old but that picture makes me feel OLD

I love the yellow sweater and pink t shirt combo. And I wasn't trying to be critical of you, I was just surprised to see that you thought he was one dimensional, mostly because I couldn't pick a "best" part of his game out myself. There's obviously more to Dembele than his dribbling, but sometimes I feel like that's all there is. I've never had that worry with Dele Alli yet. Hopefully Moose can teach him to dribble a little better, I feel there is scope for improvement from young Alli there.

I love the yellow sweater and pink t shirt combo. And I wasn't trying to be critical of you, I was just surprised to see that you thought he was one dimensional, mostly because I couldn't pick a "best" part of his game out myself. There's obviously more to Dembele than his dribbling, but sometimes I feel like that's all there is. I've never had that worry with Dele Alli yet. Hopefully Moose can teach him to dribble a little better, I feel there is scope for improvement from young Alli there.
Agree. If Dembele could teach Alli how to dribble and keep balls in a sea of opposing players he would be the perfect package.

Pardon my peabody American ignorance of the game, but in baseball to describe a perfect player you would call him a "5 Tool Player." Is there a name equivalent of that in football?

Agree. If Dembele could teach Alli how to dribble and keep balls in a sea of opposing players he would be the perfect package.

Pardon my peabody American ignorance of the game, but in baseball to describe a perfect player you would call him a "5 Tool Player." Is there a name equivalent of that in football?
Sure. That's called either a Messi or a Ronaldo.

There isn't a word for that. A box to box midfielder in all likely hood is the closest to it. Someone who can defend, tackle, pass, create and get in the box themselves to finish.

Not really. My knowledge of European football isn't great, but in the English game in recent years there aren't many. Viera, Keane and Toure come to mind. Alli has the talent to join this short list IMO.

I'm aware it takes more than just talent though.

Edit: Gerrard in his prime would make it. (My thanks to Boltonspur Boltonspur )

Last edited:
Not really. My knowledge of European football isn't great, but in the English game in recent years there aren't many. Viera, Keane and Toure come to mind. Alli has the talent to join this short list IMO.

He might need to beef up a bit to be our yaya toure

I'd add Gerrard in his prime to that list. In fact Alli reminds me a lot of Gerrard but with a far higher ceiling. We need to (& should) be seriously challenging top 4 to keep this young & highly exciting group of players together.

I'm obviously biased but I can't think of a squad in the league I would rather have than ours. Maybe take the odd player from another team but as a whole I think it's quite remarkable what has been assembled for the cost. Some of the big spenders must be gnashing their teeth & salivating at what we have. Keep the core of the team together & I think the sky's the limit.

Exciting time to be a Spurs fan. :allitongue:

I'd add Gerrard in his prime to that list. In fact Alli reminds me a lot of Gerrard but with a far higher ceiling. We need to (& should) be seriously challenging top 4 to keep this young & highly exciting group of players together.

I'm obviously biased but I can't think of a squad in the league I would rather have than ours. Maybe take the odd player from another team but as a whole I think it's quite remarkable what has been assembled for the cost. Some of the big spenders must be gnashing their teeth & salivating at what we have. Keep the core of the team together & I think the sky's the limit.

I was going to edit the post to add Gerrard at his best tbh. Fair do's. I will now.

I haven't heard anyone complain about our net spend for probably six weeks.

Just saying.

Back
Top Bottom