Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It'd be silly not to start him. Reward the guy for playing well, regardless of preseason.

Who deserves to start ahead of him? Unfit Mason? Out of position Eric Dier? He's eager to impress, shown he has ability.

It'd be silly not to start him. Reward the guy for playing well, regardless of preseason.

Who deserves to start ahead of him? Unfit Mason? Out of position Eric Dier? He's eager to impress, shown he has ability.

It's always a bit of a gamble with a young, new player. If it goes well, then the expectation levels go to silly levels, if it doesn't, then it could batter his confidence. He does look a bit special though. Personally, I'd have him on the bench at OT and maybe give him a short run out, I'd save his full debut for a home game.

I've not actually seen a pre season game I was just being a twat. But he has been over hyped, nailed on starter according to some cos of a good pre season
I gotcha we may be getting carried away a bit but he looks special from the 3 times I have seen him.

I think he has earned a start not only
Because he has looked good but we really don't have many options. Dier has been poor in midfield and Mason is not close to match fit.

Thrown in at the deep end we will see!

I think he has the self confidence and ability to get a start against United.

I don't think it's necessarily 'throwing him in the deep end'.

Allianz Arena, 75/80,000 people or whatever it was, nearly a full strength Madrid side. Did you see him look out of his depth? Yeah pre season, but still...

I think he has the self confidence and ability to get a start against United.

I don't think it's necessarily 'throwing him in the deep end'.

Allianz Arena, 75/80,000 people or whatever it was, nearly a full strength Madrid side. Did you see him look out of his depth? Yeah pre season, but still...

Yeh he has an almost arrogant swagger when he plays like he was meant to be playing against Real Madrid. Whoever we put out it will be tough against United but my gut wants Bentaleb and Alli purely on natural talent.

What Alli does better then the other central midfield options we have is move the ball quickly. That's crucial against a team like United.

Back
Top Bottom