Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Heard many times now that it takes at least 6 months to scout and bring in a new player. I'm not talking about players that get offered to clubs on the last day of transfer windows, but players that are targeted by a club because they fit the profile type.

Thinking back to when Pochettino visited MK Dons game against Man Utd makes sense that he was scouting Ali not not anyone else the papers were linking his visit to.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ter-uniteds-tottenham-transfer-target-4118947
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...us-players-on-europa-league-task-9695967.html

Heard many times now that it takes at least 6 months to scout and bring in a new player. I'm not talking about players that get offered to clubs on the last day of transfer windows, but players that are targeted by a club because they fit the profile type.

Thinking back to when Pochettino visited MK Dons game against Man Utd makes sense that he was scouting Ali not not anyone else the papers were linking his visit to.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ter-uniteds-tottenham-transfer-target-4118947
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...us-players-on-europa-league-task-9695967.html
Were Liverpool's scouts there as well?

Were Liverpool's scouts there as well?
No need Levy has that covered.
BSHjHoNIgAAawUe.jpg:large

U19. Not that they are similar players, particularly, but they're vying for central midfield spots at that level.
What we do with Dele next yr ?
Obviously he would go on pre-season and get the Poch style and expectations, some games and feel for the club.
I just wonder we would not want him to sitting on the bench, playing some u21's, EL etc. so if he was loaned would you leave him in MK Dons say lower end of Championship or at someone like Brentford (play lovely footie, assume they stay in C'ship), Norwich (close to WHL, with expectations, big stadium).

The following season though would want him back in WHL breaking into the 1st team.

What we do with Dele next yr ?
Obviously he would go on pre-season and get the Poch style and expectations, some games and feel for the club.
I just wonder we would not want him to sitting on the bench, playing some u21's, EL etc. so if he was loaned would you leave him in MK Dons say lower end of Championship or at someone like Brentford (play lovely footie, assume they stay in C'ship), Norwich (close to WHL, with expectations, big stadium).

The following season though would want him back in WHL breaking into the 1st team.
By all accounts, and the little I've seen of him, he'll be a consistent bench man with starts in the cups/europe. He'll be ready next year to be a bit part player with a view to pushing Ryan and Nabil the year after.

Fingers crossed.

Even if he is a bit part player next year ie on the bench for the most part that's all well and good. He's 18 and there's absolutely no rush with him. Physically though for his age I think he's ready to be involved in some games next year. Really exciting prospect he is.

There isn't a rush, he'll be 19 in April. If needs be he could go out on loan for another 2 season and it wouldn't damage his development. I think starting him in Europa games next year might be too much though and I'd prefer he went out on loan to a championship club, preferably MK dons again.

Either way, at such a young age there isn't really a right or wrong answer; it's not like he's 22 and this is make or break time. As long as he continues to develop and gets game time he'll be fine.

On a side note, it's interesting that he had offers from Liverpool, the club he supported as a kid, yet chose us over them. We're really starting to see the benefits of having Poch as our manager, young players want to join us because they know he will improve them and give them chances. In the future, that advantage could be huge.

I've been less than impressed since he came on the scene. Too sideways, not enough ambition.

When you compare him to the likes of Nabil and Ryan it shows what level he is truly at.

Nice kid, steady player, not good enough for us I'm afraid. Should stick at Swansea, he'll thrive there.
We can't completely write of Tom Carroll until he`s been given an opportunity under Poch. We've already seen what he has done with the other young youth players so it would be foolish not to bring him back.

We don`'know what position/role he has been asked to do at Swansea but we'll have a better judge of his abilities when he can test himself in Poch's system.

We can't completely write of Tom Carroll until he`s been given an opportunity under Poch. We've already seen what he has done with the other young youth players so it would be foolish not to bring him back.

We don`'know what position/role he has been asked to do at Swansea but we'll have a better judge of his abilities when he can test himself in Poch's system.
Or we can sell him with buyback clause in case he turns out to be Modric mkII

By all accounts, and the little I've seen of him, he'll be a consistent bench man with starts in the cups/europe. He'll be ready next year to be a bit part player with a view to pushing Ryan and Nabil the year after.

Fingers crossed.

Agree, he should be incoperated to our 1st team as soon as this summer. Paulinho & Capoue have to be shifted as well.

We end up with Mason, Bentaleb, Stambouli, Alli and maybe Cabaye?

AS WELL AS!!

By 2018/19 we'll have 2 homegrown/academy players for each position... mercenaries and big money flops will be a thing of the past!
But Carroll isn't anywhere near their level, nor the level of midfielders needed to compete with them. Sorry to say. Everyone loves a homegrown player in the side and we have plenty in and coming through. Carroll is just not good enough. To accommodate him just because he's homegrown seems silly.

Do you really ever see Tom Carroll influencing a CL game? I see Nabil or Ryan doing it. Not Tom.

Back
Top Bottom