Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually thought he was alright, I think it's the final ball thats missing from him. I know he assisted the first goal but I feel like we need to see that from him more often, just releasing the ball quicker.

That being said, I do think he'll improve so I'm not worried.

Concerning that he got into great positions three times in the first half yesterday and lost the ball twice by dithering too much and then had a pretty tame shot on goal.

Confidence? Rich not moving into space for a ball across?

Hope he comes good as when he is, he’s great.

Concerning that he got into great positions three times in the first half yesterday and lost the ball twice by dithering too much and then had a pretty tame shot on goal.

At least he's got the instinctive part of getting into those positions down. The other parts can still be improved with coaching.

Maybe all our front players have forgotten how to attack properly.
Three years or more of concentrating on defending rather than being on the offensive have to had an effect.

Just my musings on a sunny Sunday afternoon.
🤷

He did well enough for us to win the game against a tough opponent. Utd's defense was pretty good overall- they gave us a hard game.

He is cutting in left still a bit too much- enough that it looks like the defender can anticipate this move most of the time. And surprise, surprise, his game winning chance created came from him running wide right and cutting into the box from the endline. If he just went right more often, it'd give him more space to cut inside and give him better shot opportunities.

He's strong enough to hold off fairly muscular defenders and other midfielders. This can win us fouls and give him space to advance the ball even under pressure, and even without lighting pace. He'll continue to get better. Decent game overall. It's not like it was a particularly easy opponent, and Kulu managed to create the game-winning chance.

He did well enough for us to win the game against a tough opponent. Utd's defense was pretty good overall- they gave us a hard game.

He is cutting in left still a bit too much- enough that it looks like the defender can anticipate this move most of the time. And surprise, surprise, his game winning chance created came from him running wide right and cutting into the box from the endline. If he just went right more often, it'd give him more space to cut inside and give him better shot opportunities.

He's strong enough to hold off fairly muscular defenders and other midfielders. This can win us fouls and give him space to advance the ball even under pressure, and even without lighting pace. He'll continue to get better. Decent game overall. It's not like it was a particularly easy opponent, and Kulu managed to create the game-winning chance.
He was able to do that because Shaw was nowhere near there, he's never beating Shaw to the byline.

I think we need someone in the front 3 who can go past people, both with the ball at their feet and with pace off the ball. It'll open up more space for the other attackers. This player should upgrade either Kulusevski or Richarlison and I don't really mind which one it is. But I don't think the combo of Son/Rich/Kulu is a good blend of skills for a dangerous attack.

Kulu's turning into a one-trick-pony. Maybe that's what he's always been. Get the ball - cut inside - see if you can shoot - if not, pass back.

Yawn.

Back
Top Bottom