Deep inside Sherwood’s mind

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Frankly enjoyed that article quite a bit. Spares us discussing much of his tactics aside from bringing through Bentaleb in attempt to address an obvious problem, a problem which you boys know I love to be discussed (Paulinho/lack of vertical ball movement from deep).

He does also point out some things that would have been great to have worked out at Spurs, if only they weren't coupled with such estranged bitterness.

Good read, would recommend to anyone even remotely interested. Not particularly long either and very efficient in points made.

I think his mind gets confused with his orifice: Because he is always thinking shit: Enough said.

I think his mind gets confused with his orifice: Because he is always thinking shit: Enough said.

He did some stupid shit, and continued that by mentioning Tottenham in his spiel on Paulinho in the Independent column (that was entirely unnecessary). However, he also did some things right (Bentaleb will be a very useful member of the squad next year, and the 4-4-2 with Eriksen wide in a free role to target two big strikers wasn't a terrible idea considering our weaknesses elsewhere).

When Tim Sherwood left Tottenham this summer, my emotion was one of joy tinged with a nagging sense of ‘what could have been’.

:walker:

Also thought he made good points in his article tbh (Tim). Routinely did very silly stuff though like fielding very soft midfields against top sides and away from home etc. Which was made worse by playing just 4 in midfield.

I have no regrets, don't hate him though like some, wish him all the best.

Nice article. Despite his failures, he and his team obviously had an eye for developing talent. In some ways it's a shame that we couldn't find a first team manager willing to buy into that.

Nice article. Despite his failures, he and his team obviously had an eye for developing talent. In some ways it's a shame that we couldn't find a first team manager willing to buy into that.

Isn't Poch kinda good at developing talent though?

Hold the press...Sherwood has a mind let alone one to look deep into?
On a serious note, I too wish him well wherever he goes. I agree with a lot of the comments here. He came unstuck by not having the tactical nous to compete with the teams that finished above us & by having too much to say for himself in press conferences. If he tones his attitude down & learns the art of tact as well as tactics, he will do well I think

Tim Sherwood: West Brom offered me the manager's job
Tim Sherwood says West Bromwich Albion offered him the manager's job - but a final agreement couldn't be reached.
The former Tottenham boss, 45, claimed he "provisionally" accepted and began negotiations with the club.
Writing in The Independent, Sherwood said: "The longer it went on, the more I doubted whether it was the right job for me."
The former Norwich, Blackburn Rovers and Spurs midfielder said: "I went up to speak to them a couple of times and they offered me the job.
"West Brom are a good club and I wish them every success.
"It has not changed my outlook. I want to get back into the game. I believe I have a lot to offer."

Everton academy director Alan Irvine was announced as West Brom's new manager last week, replacing Pepe Mel.

Is it just me, or does he come across as an arrogant, yet naive, desperate fool?

Very much so. & this is exactly why it was the right decision to get rid of him. He likes the sound of his own voice too much & appears to like blowing his own trumpet...which no man should do (apart from on a very lonely Saturday night)

Back
Top Bottom