DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So in no way possible are Spurs exploiting the US market by signing an 'up and coming' player we don't particularly need and whom plenty of posters in this very thread, who do watch him, don't rate?

Not really. He looks like a very quick young right side defender who has impressed with his maturity and has show that he is a good raw talent.

I don't care if he's English/Welsh/Turkish/Vietnamese/American, nor do I think the Scouts do. There's a byproduct of him being American, but would you say the same of Brad?

I'm not so concerned about American talent, they have had some great players in the last decade and I only see it as a positive if their young players are potentially world class.

I like Naughton, but he doesn't challenge Walker for a first team spot nor his style of play, beside being linked to Swansea. If we want to take all our competitions seriously with Loch's style of high tempo pressing football then we need more than one capable challenger for Walker's position, else hell play 60 games potentially!

I don't think Fredericks is any more 'ready' than Yedlin would be, and no one is going to want to warm the bench while being 'ready'; its a no brainer for me, and I don't get the negativity

Not really. He looks like a very quick young right side defender who has impressed with his maturity and has show that he is a good raw talent.

I don't care if he's English/Welsh/Turkish/Vietnamese/American, nor do I think the Scouts do. There's a byproduct of him being American, but would you say the same of Brad?

I'm not so concerned about American talent, they have had some great players in the last decade and I only see it as a positive if their young players are potentially world class.

I like Naughton, but he doesn't challenge Walker for a first team spot nor his style of play, beside being linked to Swansea. If we want to take all our competitions seriously with Loch's style of high tempo pressing football then we need more than one capable challenger for Walker's position, else hell play 60 games potentially!

I don't think Fredericks is any more 'ready' than Yedlin would be, and no one is going to want to warm the bench while being 'ready'; its a no brainer for me, and I don't get the negativity

I'm waiting for you to make a sarcastic comment about the home grown rule to yourself regarding replacing naughton with a foreign player

You said you don't care about nationalities? Why did you give me months of shit about it?

I'm waiting for you to make a sarcastic comment about the home grown rule to yourself regarding replacing naughton with a foreign player

You said you don't care about nationalities? Why did you give me months of shit about it?
Nationality has nothing to do with being home grown.

Yedlin wouldn't need registering this season, but regardless I'm suggesting one guy comes in, as opposed to your idea of selling all the homegrown first team players.

Last edited:
Manchester City aside, which other team has 2 class fullbacks for each position?

Exactly, we got into champions league with horrendous players like Hutton as backups, seriously it doesnt really matter does it on the grand scheme of things, and finding a backup right back better than Naughton but worse than Walker who will be happy, impossible

Again, lets see how EVERYONE performs first, then Poch can tinker at Christmas, its Second chance season for everybody, the fact we are talking about back up full backs means we are pretty much set to test the squad we have

Yep. Harry rated him as a rb if we were stretched and so did I. Like you said, he was a right back when we shut out City away which was huge for our CL bid.

I always liked Kaboul at right back, especially that season, you can see even last season how he was getting forward into those positions still even as a center back, but realistically at his age and with probably wanting to get back into the French squad he won't want to be backup to Walker, he'd need to get a good amount of game time in both positions to be happy I'd imagine.

I always liked Kaboul at right back, especially that season, you can see even last season how he was getting forward into those positions still even as a center back, but realistically at his age and with probably wanting to get back into the French squad he won't want to be backup to Walker, he'd need to get a good amount of game time in both positions to be happy I'd imagine.

Yep. He's my first choice CB as it stands, but the way I rationalize it is I think we have better backup at CB than we do at RB. I'd rather go with a back 3 than have Naughton or Rose in it.

It sounds like they'll probably leave Yedlin in America until the MLS season is done which could stretch to December. So basically he'll almost be like a January signing.

had enough off Andre's for a while

i've been away for a week so cn't be arsed to read the whole thread, so if it's been done fuck you

Back
Top Bottom