David Bentley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A few million is nothing - the average person working in London will earn circa £3m over their career.

Bentley needs to make the most of his limited ability, retiring at 28/29 is ridiculous.

What's he going to do for the next 40 years to provide for his family?
There's more to life than working and money bro xx

So I see Bentley's finally made the sensible decision to end his playing career and concentrate on his coaching role with the Chilean national team. Good luck to him.

sebastian_beccacece.jpg

I never really took to him. But I heard his interview today and he doesn't sound in a good place, I actually felt quite sorry for him - although he was obviously not trying to give any hint he was at a low point.

The first thing I thought was he could do with speaking to someone from CALM, and it reminded me of an interview I had seen with Lee Hendrie ex-Villa earlier this year.

I don't get it - surely he's better off earning £1,000 a week in League One than retiring?.......What has he got to fall back on?

The guy is clearly just fucking stupid
I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Based on his mannerisms in the recent interview linked above I say there is a distinct possibility he is suffering from mental health issues, such as depression and/or anxiety, or possibly that he is still fighting the addictions that impacted his career a few years back.

Yeah, he might just be plainly stupid, but we really don't know that for sure.

There is zero chance his money will last him another 40-50 years.
There's more to life than working and money bro xx
I really don't see how many multiple millions won't last unless he's already spent the lot as of today. Provide at least two three million are invested properly and pay out for him and he doesn't insist on a lavish lifestyle, why can't he fund himself for the rest of his life?

I really don't see how many multiple millions won't last unless he's already spent the lot as of today. Provide at least two three million are invested properly and pay out for him and he doesn't insist on a lavish lifestyle, why can't he fund himself for the rest of his life?
50'000 a year for 40 years is 2 million... pretty sure he'd have earnt more than that considering he used to get 50'000 a week. He'll obviously own his house and some cars and that, so what expenses does he really have? Plus he's got a few businesses and his Mrs is probably a model or something. Id hardly consider that struggling.

I wonder if things would have gone differently were it not for the bucket emptying incident. Absolutely ruined his Spurs career.

But I think he has a point with the robotic quote. I look at a lot of players and just think there's a lack of personality. All the interviews sound the same. Cliché bingo isn't even any fun any more, as you can tick them all off in the first sentence. The first phrase any player seems to be taught is "At the end of the day...."

Back
Top Bottom