Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just about to post this, glad it's already up here. Hits the nail on the head.

I think it vindicates so many of us (the majority it has to be said) that the right way to deal with him post interview was not to roll over and panda to his whim, not to give into players who play Billy big bollocks. Those who wanted to "pay him want he wants" yet again have been make to look foolish in their pursuit of shinny things with little to no regard of the consequences.

Looking at the teams who have players on £500kpw & £330kpw and see them play shite and add absolutely nothing to their team must surely see what we are doing is right.

Whatever the fate of Rose come the summer, stays or goes, I have total confidence that we know what we are doing. If he stays I am confident that he will be focused on a new season, I will be confident that we will only want him in the squad if this is his mindset. If he goes I'm confident in Davies, I'm confident we will get a massive amount for Rose and I'm confident that we will see that reinvested wisely into the team.

saw Luke Shaw in the game at the weekend, he's carrying some timber... looked like a pub team player running out.

Anyway, I would be interested to see how the transfer value has shifted. Rose will undoubtedly be worth less than a year ago but by how much? In comparison Davies stock must have risen massively. This shift is due to the way things have been handled – Davies clearly got the bit between his teeth and the coaching staff have helped him improve no end.

So are we actually in a worse position?

saw Luke Shaw in the game at the weekend, he's carrying some timber... looked like a pub team player running out.

Anyway, I would be interested to see how the transfer value has shifted. Rose will undoubtedly be worth less than a year ago but by how much? In comparison Davies stock must have risen massively. This shift is due to the way things have been handled – Davies clearly got the bit between his teeth and the coaching staff have helped him improve no end.

So are we actually in a worse position?
Wouldn’t touch Shaw with a barge pole. He seems uninterested in his career looking like that. No time for Mourinho, but wasn’t there some issue with him at Southampton before his move?
Agree about Rose & Davies though. Rose has been overtaken in the pecking order & Davies has been outstanding.

Wouldn’t touch Shaw with a barge pole. He seems uninterested in his career looking like that. No time for Mourinho, but wasn’t there some issue with him at Southampton before his move?
Agree about Rose & Davies though. Rose has been overtaken in the pecking order & Davies has been outstanding.

Shaw just looked really unfit, not in the 'lacks match sharpness' but unfit... Like you say any player letting themselves decline that way is a worry.

Shaw just looked really unfit, not in the 'lacks match sharpness' but unfit... Like you say any player letting themselves decline that way is a worry.

Agreed I couldn't believe the state of Shaw's fitness when he came on against Palace. I heard Gary Neville talking about Shaw's off the field lifestyle and compared it to Wayne Rooney. He was saying Wayne was one of those players that needed to play every match to keep him fit because he wouldn't take care of himself off the pitch. Shaw appears the same but the problem is he is nowhere near the ability Rooney had in his prime.

Agreed I couldn't believe the state of Shaw's fitness when he came on against Palace. I heard Gary Neville talking about Shaw's off the field lifestyle and compared it to Wayne Rooney. He was saying Wayne was one of those players that needed to play every match to keep him fit because he wouldn't take care of himself off the pitch. Shaw appears the same but the problem is he is nowhere near the ability Rooney had in his prime.

I find that a disgraceful behaviour. I'm glad to say player like that will never be welcomed at our club.

He was better in the second half but still so far away from the Rose we've seen the last two seasons. It's either he doesn't care and it's been agreed with him and Poch that he'll be gone in the summer or the knee injury has affected him a lot.

Can't be down to lack of fitness now. He's been back for nearly half a year now.

Was anonymous today. he needs to get his shite together or it's time to find a new LB
Don’t think he was anonymous, he just looked way off the pace and a good 2 levels below what’s required. Once or twice he popped up in good attacking positions but I believe he was initially at fault for the first plus poor defensive positioning in general. Also think Aurier did better than Rose when he switched to the left

Looks a shadow of his former self right now. Rustiness is one thing, but we should have seen a few signs of improvement by now and so far not much...
Some of his crosses today were truly shocking.

Looks a shadow of his former self right now. Rustiness is one thing, but we should have seen a few signs of improvement by now and so far not much...
Some of his crosses today were truly shocking.
TBF Rose has never been particularly good at crossing. That is a modified truth. He crosses a lot but only a handful end up becoming goals.

Ben has already equalled Danny's best ever assist haul in a PL season with about 9 games to go

Back
Top Bottom