Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's the reality, our revenue is growing, it has grown because of the TV deal, but that applies to every team. It's growing because of our league position, but that's only an addition £5m or so, no biggie. It's growing because we were on the TV more, but still not more than the traditional top four who still were on TV more and earned more than us. It growing because we reached a semi-final, but not as much as Woolwich and Chelsea who reached the final (and same as City who were knocked out same stage. It's growing because we've got CL, but less than City, Woolwich and Yanited (who won EL). It's growing because we've got a huge jump in AIA shirt sponsorship, but it still less than Utd. (who have just signed a shirt sleeve deal worth half of ours) and Chelsea but the same as City and marginally more than Woolwich and Liverpool. It's growing because we have a new shirt supplier deal, but it's still half of that of Chelsea, 75% less than Utd and less than woolwich and Liverpool. It's growing because I'm guessing we will get more revenue from Wembley, but doubt it's that much because it's costing £15m to rent.

In short our revenues are growing but not at the same rate of those around and above us, the gap is getting bigger not smaller. (we are pulling away from those below us, from Everton down).

Again I agree with you. All of that is fairly obvious Of course we can't match the mancs, Chelsea, Woolwich on that note but yet the likes of West ham can pay 140k but Kane still earns 100k and players that apparently the best in their positions are on the likes of 50k. I still think we can afford getting our key players on better contracts even before the stadium. Without actual incoming and outgoing numbers in front of us. No one can say what we can afford or not.

Again I agree with you. All of that is fairly obvious Of course we can't match the mancs, Chelsea, Woolwich on that note but yet the likes of West ham can pay 140k but Kane still earns 100k and players that apparently the best in their positions are on the likes of 50k. I still think we can afford getting our key players on better contracts even before the stadium. Without actual incoming and outgoing numbers in front of us. No one can say what we can afford or not.

It's not as simple as that though. Yes, Hernandez may earn more than Kane but our total wage bill is significantly higher than West Ham's. We have assembled a squad to try and finish in the top 4 and compete in the Champions League. That requires paying good salaries to all members of the squad, not just a couple. West Ham will have plenty of players on low wages because those players are both shite and undesirable to anyone else.

And you can pretty much say what we can or can't afford, you just need to look at the accounts. Roughly 60% of our revenue is spent on the wage bill. You don't really want to be going over this figure if you want to remain within the FFP regulations. This percentage is in line with all the other clubs around us, barring Chelsea. The reason our wage bill is significantly smaller than say Liverpool, or City, or Woolwich, or United is that their revenue is significantly higher than ours. This is why the stadium is so important to our future development.

Biggest boost for me now would be to hear, not form Poch but form the players. I would absolutely love for our players to show Rose the door. I appreciate this is asking a lot, especially as he's been a mate and part of the gang that has taken this club forward. But I think it is more powerful for the fans to know that as a group they didn't appreciate the interview and that it violated the code that they are supposed to adhere to and live by.

We need a moment of realisation, like when we learned that the players told Kabul, Ade, Gallas and Co. to fuck off out the club. But I don't want to wait to here this in two months time, I want to hear it now. I want them to be decisive, show some balls and stand tall. This was a turning point for us back then, arguably one of the biggest key moments of Poch's tenure. The difference to then and now however is 95% (may be more) of the fans do not want to see Rose wear our colours again, whereas back then there was still a spilt fanbase over Poch and what was being built. As fans we have witnessed what a committed and tight group of players who are on the same page can achieve, they mustn't betray this ethos, they must be ruthless and deal with those not willing and onboard. Cut the cancer out.

We have the 6th highest revenue in the league, we have the 6th highest wage bill in the league, what bit of that is so hard to understand. Our wage structure is inline with many of the other clubs based on % of turnover, as I pointed out early as a % it's higher than Utd!. If we paid Kane £150k pw week he can still double that elsewhere, so what has it achieved? Nothing. West Ham don't pay all their players £140k pw! Just one player gets that. West Ham also lost their highest earner who was on more than £100k pw only 6 months ago! If that's the basis of your argument then it clearly doesn't work, what's the logic that I'm missing to your magic proposal?

Just seen this on the Spurs OS:

DANN¥ RO$€
d_rose.jpg

Dynamic, powerfull of himself, verbally attacking turncoat left-back Northerner Danny Rose is from The North. He has risen through the wanks from relative obscurity to decide he has become a star player down South for some tin-pot club and cuntry. But knows his value, and isn't afraid to tell everyone his true worth, even though he isn't in it for the money. Doesn't know anything about his team-mates, as he had to Google most of them. Hails from the North... and can hail a taxi back there too for all we care.

(Trivia fact) Misses his Mum a LOT!

Born in The North: 02 July 1990
Bored: 31 January 2017 onwards
Position: in-defensible
Joined Spurs: 26 July 2007
Height: 6'2" (Billy wears BIG boots!)
Weight (in gold): Hardly worth it...
Previous Clubs: (save you Googling it)
LeedsLeedsLeeds United, Watford (loan), Peterborough United (loan), Bristol City (loan), Sunderland (moan)
$quad number: N/A until Man U come calling!

....no of course not really!

Last edited:
Just stick him with the kids until he has the balls to apologise to the fans and the people at the club which have helped him in his career. Players will then realise that acting like this for a move will get them nowhere. Don't sell. Train alone, get yourself fit. Why should anyone help him when he slaps them in the face.
Biggest boost for me now would be to hear, not form Poch but form the players. I would absolutely love for our players to show Rose the door. I appreciate this is asking a lot, especially as he's been a mate and part of the gang that has taken this club forward. But I think it is more powerful for the fans to know that as a group they didn't appreciate the interview and that it violated the code that they are supposed to adhere to and live by.

We need a moment of realisation, like when we learned that the players told Kabul, Ade, Gallas and Co. to fuck off out the club. But I don't want to wait to here this in two months time, I want to hear it now. I want them to be decisive, show some balls and stand tall. This was a turning point for us back then, arguably one of the biggest key moments of Poch's tenure. The difference to then and now however is 95% (may be more) of the fans do not want to see Rose wear our colours again, whereas back then there was still a spilt fanbase over Poch and what was being built. As fans we have witnessed what a committed and tight group of players who are on the same page can achieve, they mustn't betray this ethos, they must be ruthless and deal with those not willing and onboard. Cut the cancer out.

True but how many more top players can we afford to keep losing? At the same time it is hard to see a way back for him. What the hell has happened inside our club. I never thought players would force moves like this. First walker drops his performance to give us little choice but to sell and now rose does this. Should never have sold walker in my opinion and let him get his way. We had trippier for cover but sadly Davies is not a good enough backup to rose. I know we coped without him fine but on his day he is just too good. We need to do something. Not all players will go public or force moves buy playing shit on purpose but there is something bad going on within the players minds with things like wages. We can't keep cutting bits out or there won't be much left. Fine him, drop him til he apologises publicly, but don't sell him!

We have the 6th highest revenue in the league, we have the 6th highest wage bill in the league, what bit of that is so hard to understand. Our wage structure is inline with many of the other clubs based on % of turnover, as I pointed out early as a % it's higher than Utd!. If we paid Kane £150k pw week he can still double that elsewhere, so what has it achieved? Nothing. West Ham don't pay all their players £140k pw! Just one player gets that. West Ham also lost their highest earner who was on more than £100k pw only 6 months ago! If that's the basis of your argument then it clearly doesn't work, what's the logic that I'm missing to your magic proposal?

Blimey. Getting low paid players who are best in the position in a half decent wage will not change any of that. Yes they can still double it elsewhere but you cannot say it doesn't make any difference. Of course it does! No worries we will just sell them all at 50m plus. The income from players won't all be reinvested and we can certainly invest in players we already have and want to keep

Quite shocked by all this, I thought he was Poch's so called son? teachers pet and all that. Terrible how he slagged off the fans, no other big club would of been as patient with him, imagine Man utd or Chelsea giving him the chance to grow in the team like we did? Seems like a lame excuse to me.
End of the day, Poch made him into the player he is today, and with many other examples have seen a career of stagnation when leaving him such as Luke Shaw and Callum Chambers.

I'd like to reserve judgement as it's possible the Sun have spun the words spoken in a way that suits their agenda. Although the silence out of the club today seems to confirm that the substance is as reported. And in fairness that makes this guy look an absolute cunt.

But we must always be mindful that it's possible Spurs allowed this interview to take place and this is a way for the player to be sold without any protest aimed at the board.

I have heard that no interviews are given to media without the club agreeing the content or being at the interview, so this is a very strange situation which has developed if the club where not aware. I think they fully knew what was taking place.

I doubt for a moment that any of the first team squad are on "only x £" a week. Surely the basic is good and the add on's are excellent ( win bonuses, appearance money etc etc ) so I can't beat ENIC with that stick. I bet they are fair with what they offer. So that's something I wish the media would fuck off with.

So if Rose is well paid already what's motivated this situation other than raw greed and his ego ? Neither are good character traits, but then Terry and Ashley Cole are fine examples of how moral footballers actually are....( in fact 90% of Chelsea players for that matter ) so if Rose wants to act like a Chelsea cunt let him go there for 60 million.

The only positive from the Walker and Rose situations this summer is that once and for all Levy's get out clause of not signing players because "they all want Champions League" has been proven to be what it always was. A complete fucking lie. Big players sign for the wages and NOTHING else.

Such a shame this has happened, but it's almost entirely inevitable.

I'd like to reserve judgement as it's possible the Sun have spun the words spoken in a way that suits their agenda. Although the silence out of the club today seems to confirm that the substance is as reported. And in fairness that makes this guy look an absolute cunt.

But we must always be mindful that it's possible Spurs allowed this interview to take place and this is a way for the player to be sold without any protest aimed at the board.

I have heard that no interviews are given to media without the club agreeing the content or being at the interview, so this is a very strange situation which has developed if the club where not aware. I think they fully knew what was taking place.

I doubt for a moment that any of the first team squad are on "only x £" a week. Surely the basic is good and the add on's are excellent ( win bonuses, appearance money etc etc ) so I can't beat ENIC with that stick. I bet they are fair with what they offer. So that's something I wish the media would fuck off with.

So if Rose is well paid already what's motivated this situation other than raw greed and his ego ? Neither are good character traits, but then Terry and Ashley Cole are fine examples of how moral footballers actually are....( in fact 90% of Chelsea players for that matter ) so if Rose wants to act like a Chelsea cunt let him go there for 60 million.

The only positive from the Walker and Rose situations this summer is that once and for all Levy's get out clause of not signing players because "they all want Champions League" has been proven to be what it always was. A complete fucking lie. Big players sign for the wages and NOTHING else.

Such a shame this has happened, but it's almost entirely inevitable.

Rose has had nearly 24hrs to refute anything......There was very little to take out of context with those direct quotes in my opinion

Out of all of our player Poch improved Rose the most. Under AVB he was always in no-mans land, never tracking back and leaving Verts to cover the entire left side. He was often our worst player in a mainly mediocre team (Bale excepted).

It was a very typical discussion as to who would replace Rose and I remember the relief when we signed Davies ('a proper left back' I think was one quote at the time) and whether or not Rose was up to our level and would be moved on.

Many including myself wanted Luke Shaw who was outstanding under Poch, the best left back in the PL and wanted by a host of clubs including us.

Instead Poch pulled off a miracle with Rose, he was always pretty decent in attack but now seemed to understand what a left back should do and his work rate skyrocketed. Credit has to be given to Rose who knuckled down but of all our players he was Poch's most remarkable transformation.

This interview is a disappointment but I feel sorry mostly not for us the fans but for Poch, it's a big slap in the face.

Back
Top Bottom