Danny Blanchflower

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Okay, feel like I need to answer here. The last time I visited my grandads grave was the day he was buried, I was 10. I haven't and probably won't ever go back, I think he's the only person in my family that actually has a grave and headstone (everyone else has been cremated)....its not something we do. Every time I go to games I get to think about his achievements. The team/club/stadium is his legacy, and his mark is everywhere around that ground. The memories of him, I hope, however distant, will far outlast an engraving.
Wow, you're actually, genuinely related to him? I just thought it was an avatar.

Danny Blanchflower - busts the myth that all footballers' brains are in their feet!
Shame he never managed us. The rumour at that time was that Bill Nick had him marked as his successor, but the Board went for Terry Neill instead. If Danny was seen as a trouble maker, then you can see why that decision was made....... a bad one, none the less!
Not sure about that, he was at Chelsea and only won 3 from 15...mind you, he couldn't have done any worse than Neill...

Ive been told that Blanchflower scored a "Rabona" penalty ... never been able to find a video or find out if there was any truth in it though. Anyone else know or heard?

im trying to find a quote from Bill Nic about blancflower that goes something like "he thought alot about himself and i thought alot about him" does anyone know were i can find full quote please?
cheers

That was my very first thought. Why hasn't the son been tending to the grave or getting someone to look after it ? How could you let your own Father's tombstone fall into such a state, regardless of whether he was a famous person or not ?.
Well done to the fans indeed but the family need to take a long hard look at themselves, embarrasing.
Way too harsh and judgmental mate. Surprised coming from you actually as you come across as a decent, well-grounded fella .

Back
Top Bottom