Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spam fans have said Levy stopped this Adebayor deal because he sees them as a rival... Hahahahaha what a bunch of Pricks they are..
It might have had something to do with the fact that Levy didn't want to give them money whilst he was scoring goals for them.. Words fail me every time with them..

Spam fans have said Levy stopped this Adebayor deal because he sees them as a rival... Hahahahaha what a bunch of Pricks they are..
It might have had something to do with the fact that Levy didn't want to give them money whilst he was scoring goals for them.. Words fail me every time with them..
We were going to be subsidising part of his wages wherever he went.

Just hope Levy has time to reflect that his actions cost Tottenham a reported Β£1ook a week for a fringe player Adebayor who is dubious at best; It might also cheer him up when reporting to his board that he saved WHU a similar amount simply by being petty minded.

Just hope Levy has time to reflect that his actions cost Tottenham a reported Β£1ook a week for a fringe player Adebayor who is dubious at best; It might also cheer him up when reporting to his board that he saved WHU a similar amount simply by being petty minded.
Oh wow, slating Levy for not subsiding and loaning a potentially very dangerous striker to one of our biggest local rivals, I've seen it all now...

Nice to see CG that at least one member of the forum lives up to his name: ostrich:
While not defending his language, you were quite incorrect with your alleged complaint. We were going to have to subsidize the wages, so we'd have been paying Adebayor x thousand pounds a week to score goals for West Ham. We weren't getting any money in return. And it would have been doing a favour to the self-same jerks who gave Levy a load of previous grief. There wasn't any upside for us, other than a savings of perhaps 40k a week which we couldn't have used, and it would have been something assisting West Ham.

It made no sense, under the terms which West Ham have publicized.

On the other hand, screwing over a rival club by preventing them making any improvements in the window has a massive upside for us.

I've seen dumber:

:dembele:
114408-Fuck-Everything-gif-Imgur-fuck-nP75.gif

While not defending his language, you were quite incorrect with your alleged complaint. We were going to have to subsidize the wages, so we'd have been paying Adebayor x thousand pounds a week to score goals for West Ham. We weren't getting any money in return. And it would have been doing a favour to the self-same jerks who gave Levy a load of previous grief. There wasn't any upside for us, other than a savings of perhaps 40k a week which we couldn't have used, and it would have been something assisting West Ham.

It made no sense, under the terms which West Ham have publicized.

On the other hand, screwing over a rival club by preventing them making any improvements in the window has a massive upside for us.
AS opposed to double that amount for a not very impressive bench warmer ?

Also what good would it do us if Ade had gone to the spammers? We'd be a striker lighter with no time to bring in any cover, he might be shit at the moment but i'd rather have 2 shit strikers on the bench than 1.

*edit* I'd like two decent strikers but that would be a ludicrous notion. :adelol:

Don't see any scenario where loaning Ade to Spammers would do us any good. If he continues to play like shite they still don't have anything invested beside part of his wages. On flip side if he played well and kept the Hammers towards the top of the table would be terrible not to mention if Kane went down it would have left us with only Bobby No goals

But if we had got a striker in, then we could have let Ade go, and while I can't stand West Ham, IF they were prepared to pay half his wages, would have settled for that. Yes, Ade might have started playing out of his skin for them, but, seriously, good enough to get them to finish above Woolwich or Utd. I don't think so.

If we don't finish above Woolwich or Utd, we're not getting CL, IMHO. One of those two will take third or fourth place.

Ade might just have got West Ham above us, I doubt it, but it's a gamble I'd have taken. I'd rather go for glory, get a new striker in and have a decent chance of fourth and/or a Cup. Ade is not going to help us do either of those, again IMHO.

Levy did superb with this deal. It was strung along and along and along..

From what I see / heard by pulling the plug on the Ade deal the Spammers lost upto 8 transfer deals ! Jesus they could have outed Carlton Cole & had Adebayor on loan for half the going rate...how fucking dumb would Spurs be if that was allowed to happen ? I feel frustrated by ENIC a lot, but this time huge Credit to Mr Levy for mugging off Sullivan, Gold & Fat Karen. They were so confident, even tweeting crap to their knuckle dragging fans cock teasing transfers, then yesterday it's tears all day as "some people are impossible to do business with" GOOD :adethumbup:

Back
Top Bottom