Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I said before - I hope he could get a chance to play.

But 15-30 minutes :O ? Why do you guys think he should get so much more time than Veliz for example?

If he would get like last 5-7 minutes + anything that is added on... then it would be much more in line how Ange has tried to ease in Veliz and Donley in my view.

No that I would have anything him getting more minutes, specially if scoreline allows.
I think Ange will allow more time due to it being a one-off Cup game... unless things are going particularly well/badly, I think if given the choice, Ange would rather blood the likes of Scarlett or Donley in a game like this, than a PL game where EVERYTHING apparently matters!

For me, I'd LOVE us to take the FA Cup seriously... we've certainly more chance of winning this, than the League this year... so why the fuck not give it a go?

6 games... against randomly mixed opposition... and after the weekend, one of Arse/Liverpool won't be one of them!

All things considered, I know what trophy I'd rather this year... (The League can wait 'til next season!!!)

As I said before - I hope he could get a chance to play.

But 15-30 minutes :O ? Why do you guys think he should get so much more time than Veliz for example?

If he would get like last 5-7 minutes + anything that is added on... then it would be much more in line how Ange has tried to ease in Veliz and Donley in my view.

No that I would have anything him getting more minutes, specially if scoreline allows.

Because Ange has been quoted on how highly he rates him and also sources say that he rates him higher than Veliz.

Ange gave Dane 45min in the Carling Cup game as well and has never given Veliz that.

These are all our available players for Burnley (maybe VDV could be added??)

I'd say there is a good chance Scarlett will get a good runout.

Yea, I'm very much aware who we have or who we don't. Just that I think Gil will be 1st player off the bench and in recent month Donley has also gotten some minutes, so he could also be ahead of Dane potentially.

But this is all just guesswork ofc.
As I said, I am not against Scarlett to get more minutes.

Because Ange has been quoted on how highly he rates him and also sources say that he rates him higher than Veliz.

Ange gave Dane 45min in the Carling Cup game as well and has never given Veliz that.

Okay, that is fair point actually...

Though for me the question is, if Ange (or well... anyone) believe, he would have enough sharpness after almost no playing time this season. In start of season, everyone (incl opposition) are bit rusty. Now that everyone are going strong... well. We will see!

Yea, I'm very much aware who we have or who we don't. Just that I think Gil will be 1st player off the bench and in recent month Donley has also gotten some minutes, so he could also be ahead of Dane potentially.

But this is all just guesswork ofc.
As I said, I am not against Scarlett to get more minutes.

Okay, that is fair point actually...

Though for me the question is, if Ange (or well... anyone) believe, he would have enough sharpness after almost no playing time this season. In start of season, everyone (incl opposition) are bit rusty. Now that everyone are going strong... well. We will see!

No clue. Only people with access to the training ground will know.

Veliz picking up and injury, our lack of depth in the front 3 and the fact that we will probably not be back into the transfer market again early suggest that maybe the stars aligned for Dane to get a massive chance out of nowhere.

Sometimes that's just how it works.

Captain for Burnley?

Captain Scarlet Mysterons GIF by GerryAndersonTV

Sometimes the stars just align for players.

Can’t help thinking that Veliz getting injured and then going on loan, followed by Richy getting a knock for 4 weeks has opened a window of opportunity for Dane that nobody could have predicted.

No chance that Son can play 90min every game, so either Werner goes up top or Dane gets a few chances.

Can’t help thinking that Veliz getting injured and then going on loan, followed by Richy getting a knock for 4 weeks has opened a window of opportunity for Dane that nobody could have predicted.

No chance that Son can play 90min every game, so either Werner goes up top or Dane gets a few chances.

Was interesting that he played CM for our u21s in their 6-0 win.

Werner and even Johnson will go up top before Scarlett starts.

Sure is a big opp for the lad, but will he take it? Pompey loan was ok, but Ipswich a big fail. Has had very limited mins with the senior squad here, but not really shown he deserved more when he did get the nod. See what happens...obviously would be delighted to see him break through, but not uber confident.

Veliz would've been interesting. Not sure whether we can recall him? He's only played 2 games at Sevilla and he'd likely get more mins here over the next month.

Son will go up top with Werner left.

Scarlett might get some minutes off the bench.

Sure is a big opp for the lad, but will he take it? Pompey loan was ok, but Ipswich a big fail. Has had very limited mins with the senior squad here, but not really shown he deserved more when he did get the nod. See what happens...obviously would be delighted to see him break through, but not uber confident.

Veliz would've been interesting. Not sure whether we can recall him? He's only played 2 games at Sevilla and he'd likely get more mins here over the next month.

It’s Veliz bench minutes that might give him a chance. Veliz should stay at Sevilla imo. Could get a run of starts.

Scarlett could get a goal off the bench and earn himself and high quality loan, early in he summer

Back
Top Bottom