Cup Final Single!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, what does everyone think of us resurrecting the tradition of the Cup Final Single? I actually love it despite the huge levels of cheese! For those who don't know, it's a re-make of 1987's Hot Shot Tottenham, with the original music by Chas and Dave and the new lyrics sung by "Ledley and the Kings". The best part?

"At Wembley (At Wembley)
Oh when you see (Oh when you see)
The famous Lilywhite that Gazza wore!
'Cos everywhere we're going
THE COCKERAL WILL BE GROWING :levywtf:
We're gonna do it once more!"

Kudos to whoever thought that one up!

Nqyiry4.gif

Yeah, 'cos of all the Cup Finals we've appeared in, the 1987 final is one I'd want to be reminded of the most!!! Jeez-ARSE!!!!

That thing they played on the jumbotron yesterday? Shit! But not against cup final songs as a rule.

That song was just all over the place, Ossie, Poch, Ledley King. Lazy update IMO

When Paul Coyte introduced the guests last night and mentioned cup final songs, I must admit I was filled with utter dread. However I was pleasantly surprised by the song! Hotshot Tottenham is a very underrated number in the Spurs musical canon, and it's good to see the lyrics being reworked. The wonderful 'football connoisseurs' line is still in there, and the actual music hasn't been 'modernised' and still sounds completely Chas 'n' Dave-y. It's a yes from me.

If West Ham/ Woolwich/ Chelsea/ United/ Liverpool etc. made a song like that my head would go and lungs would burst in hysterics and I'd never let them live it down.

When we make one... No comment.

If West Ham/ Woolwich/ Chelsea/ United/ Liverpool etc. made a song like that my head would go and lungs would burst in hysterics and I'd never let them live it down.

When we make one... No comment.
Tacky cup final songs are part of our tradition as a club, we're exempt!

Much better than I was expecting tbh.

Though Hotshot Tottenham wasn't exactly lucky last time around.

Jesus Christ, we'll get torn apart for this.

Sorry to be cynical, and I appreciate it's for charity, but who does a song for the league cup?

If the "are you gonna do a DVD" comments weren’t bad enough.

Can someone post the lyrics please?
I am not English and have a hard time understanding most of them.
(for example what does the first line say after "Pochettino"???)
Thanks.

EDIT - Aw I got the first line.. Pochettino's blue-and-white army... Man, is that uttered fast!!!

Last edited:
I missed this yesterday, was having a piss at HT.
I might have preferred it to the constant inane chatter about who killed what on East-fucking-enders.

Back
Top Bottom