Coventry Fans at the Deathstar

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Credit to them, nice to see fans with a smile on their faces despite the clubs issues/problems.

I heard that several local residents called the Police as they weren't used to noise coming from the Emirates.
They thought something was wrong.

lots of beer flying around.....good for the hair apparently! Good on them, its been a while since I've sung like that at a football match, made me feel quite nostalgic for games gone past.

beer's been getting thrown around for years from anyone with a half decent set of away fans lol
@ HarryHotspur HarryHotspur Macca is right, Leeds, Newcastle, Sunderland, West Ham etc etc etc do it at most aways.
I've even seen a video of a Leeds fan take off all his clothes bar a tiny pair of pants and slide on his belly along the floor in the mixture of beer and rain water.
Oh northerns...

Haha, I'm not sure if that's a good atmosphere or just very special needs. Chucking beer around like 16 year olds at V festival or something!

My understanding is that most Coventry fans don't bother with 'home' games now since they play in Northampton (how that new stadium can sit empty whilst they play elsewhere is astonishing). I guess Friday was a rare chance of a lot of old faces getting together to have a good time, fair play.

I did go past Woolwich on the train on Friday as the game was kicking off and could hear the stadium from Drayton Park. This doesn't normally happen so Cov were certainly in full voice. Incidentally when we did them in the cup a year or two ago I though their support was shit.

We are talking coventry city here....anyone old enough would remember us swarming all over their gaff in the 70's and 80's. Same as we did everywhere. They were on a par with other small clubs like norwich, ipswich, southampton, chelsea etc. Things have changed now and the lower league clubs seem to have much more fun at games than we do at the sterile 'premier league' grounds.

Back
Top Bottom