Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What specifically DID we learn from them yesterday....? I saw a clearly inferior team pluck a performance out of their arse because as the cliche goes "form goes out the window in a 'derby' ".

Airfixx Airfixx if you think this is constructive tactical engagement your not as smart as you think. I really want to believe you actually care way more than this intimates.

I KNOW what my motivations were, fella and I can assure you they were entirely genuine.

Me ASKING a question doesn't constitute ME claiming intelligence one way or another; but whatever....

The question is still open should you prefer to chill and be less insulting and aggressive..... If not c'est la vie.

What "lesson" can we learn from yesterday?

Afterall; if there is something tangible we can learn from it then I'm keen to know cos - contrary to all the prior insults - I DO care about what happens to this football club and I'm well aware that there may be thoughts/ideas/reflections that I have not considered on this subject.

I KNOW what my motivations were, fella and I can assure you they were entirely genuine.

Me ASKING a question doesn't constitute ME claiming intelligence one way or another; but whatever....

The question is still open should you prefer to chill and be less insulting and aggressive..... If not c'est la vie.

What "lesson" can we learn from yesterday?

Afterall; if there is something tangible we can learn from it then I'm keen to know cos - contrary to all the prior insults - I DO care about what happens to this football club and I'm well aware that there may be thoughts/ideas/reflections that I have not considered on this subject.
I'm close to being done Airfixx so when I see another defence of some the abject decisions the clubs made be it from you or Shady or others it becomes a real frustration. There is always something to be learned no matter how abstract from others, even if it amounts to no more than understanding what it means to huge chunks of the paying public that we show spirit

We can belittle United as much as we like but even when they are bad they seem able to raise themselves to an occasion in a way we can not. I'm lucky, I earn very very good money. I can afford the matches. I'm at a point however when looking at the hike for pensioners or the antics during Covid and I'm thinking very seriously about stopping. I've said it here and I mean it, watershed moment. This summer if Ange is not backed sufficiently to my own very subjective standard, I'm done giving ENIC my money. I'm not a talker if I decide something ( be it trivial like blocking and never reading freaks on here or boycotting a brand or business) I do it.

Ange deserves patience Levy does not.

To be honest with you, I’m so glad that I get to watch the matches with the people I do.
Good mates that I’ve been watching with since we were teens or my extended family.

Even down the pub, win or lose even with performances like Saturday, there was never a problem between fans and certainly not as to who is the ‘better’ or ‘proper’ fan. I think I’ve seen one argument in the last decade (over sacking Conte, funnily enough).

If I had to watch games with some of the Spurs fans on here, I would end up a bigger Woolwich fan than Plod.

Believe me when I say we’re all absolutely thrilled we don’t have to watch games with you either you ginormous tosspot.

I'm close to being done Airfixx so when I see another defence of some the abject decisions the clubs made be it from you or Shady or others it becomes a real frustration. There is always something to be learned no matter how abstract from others, even if it amounts to no more than understanding what it means to huge chunks of the paying public that we show spirit

We can belittle United as much as we like but even when they are bad they seem able to raise themselves to an occasion in a way we can not. I'm lucky, I earn very very good money. I can afford the matches. I'm at a point however when looking at the hike for pensioners or the antics during Covid and I'm thinking very seriously about stopping. I've said it here and I mean it, watershed moment. This summer if Ange is not backed sufficiently to my own very subjective standard, I'm done giving ENIC my money. I'm not a talker if I decide something ( be it trivial like blocking and never reading freaks on here or boycotting a brand or business) I do it.

Nah Levy deserves praise too, if you don't think he does you're not thinking objectively or you're just beeing foolish

I'm close to being done Airfixx so when I see another defence of some the abject decisions the clubs made be it from you or Shady or others it becomes a real frustration.

...Except there was no such thing present above.

There is always something to be learned no matter how abstract from others, even if it amounts to no more than understanding what it means to huge chunks of the paying public that we show spirit

....I get that. To me it kind of goes without saying; but regardless I've not suggested that the players should not show spirit and commitment. It should be a a bare minimum IMO. I am however less of a believer in the proverbial "abstract" and prefer to seek literal solutions and conclusions.

We can belittle United as much as we like but even when they are bad they seem able to raise themselves to an occasion in a way we can not.

Well; yes... And the only part of that equation that concerns me is why and whether it's transferable to us in some way. Hence my OG question to your mention of "lessons".

I'm lucky, I earn very very good money. I can afford the matches. I'm at a point however when looking at the hike for pensioners or the antics during Covid and I'm thinking very seriously about stopping. I've said it here and I mean it, watershed moment. This summer if Ange is not backed sufficiently to my own very subjective standard, I'm done giving ENIC my money. I'm not a talker if I decide something ( be it trivial like blocking and never reading freaks on here or boycotting a brand or business) I do it.

Good for you. However; I made not a single reference to Levy and it was not at all warranted for you to vent those frustrations upon me the manner, nor to the extent, that you just did; but I appreciate you are now at least you being more civil than you were.... Now if I may very briefly explain something in lieu of your closing comments (something that I generally don't stoop to explain myself to TFCs troll cunts over); in particular.....

"I'm lucky, I earn very very good money. I can afford the matches."

Again; good for you. However; after 30-odd years as a regular paying match-goer my circumstances (financial and otherwise) have since dictated that over the last few years I cannot go to games for the forseeable..... Respectfully; you have no just place from which to blindly judge me on the basis of how regularly I can still attend games; ESPECIALLY if in the next breath you're going to weaponise the financial struggles of others against me.

I have no beef with you outside of this exchange.... It's up to you if you wish to resume a more cordial 'relationship'...... If not then I perhaps recommend that 'ignore' function you spoke of.

Last edited:
So you don't know that the media made 23-year-old David Beckham clinically depressed at the end of the 90s? The behavior of the English press has nothing to do with race.

Did that have anything to do with making himself public enemy #1 by getting himself stupidly sent off in a big game for England per chance? ...Or when he got too caught up with being a Spice Boy and a fashion model?

........Cos I'm pretty sure that outside of those two things he was the golden boy of English football for the rest of his career.

So you don't know that the media made 23-year-old David Beckham clinically depressed at the end of the 90s? The behavior of the English press has nothing to do with race.

They definitely give black players a harder time. Sure Rooney and Beckham had it bad, but not quite to the same degree (eg. when is Rooney ever now asked about the numerous times he cheated on his wife?). It only quietened down after Rashford and Saka missed the Euro Final penalties. That was a bit of a watershed moment but before that it was different.

Anyway, the media are cunts basically.

Back
Top Bottom