Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am going to make a prediction about Palmer. He will be a good player but he will never have a 20+ goal a season. He is incredibly over hyped.
How many pens amongst his haul?

Remove them and it goes from a wow season to a pretty decent season imo.

Which is still good for a young lad in his first full season, but not worthy of the plaudits he's getting, I'm pretty sure all of those that bemoan us signing Johnson and point to CP as a better deal are purely looking at his stats rather than observing his all round game to the same level as they see BJ purely from watching Spurs games.

I am going to make a prediction about Palmer. He will be a good player but he will never have a 20+ goal a season. He is incredibly over hyped.

He's having a weird season in that he's literally the only player playing well for Chelsea, so they always look to give him the ball - you are right that it probably just won't ever happen again.

Which is still good for a young lad in his first full season, but not worthy of the plaudits he's getting, I'm pretty sure all of those that bemoan us signing Johnson and point to CP as a better deal are purely looking at his stats rather than observing his all round game to the same level as they see BJ purely from watching Spurs games.
He’s a lovely player goals aside. Greta touch, always has time and passes the ball superbly under pressure

It's a better deal because Palmer is a better footballer. Johnson is faster, but other than that I struggle to think of anything else he is better than Palmer at.

It's a better deal because Palmer is a better footballer. Johnson is faster, but other than that I struggle to think of anything else he is better than Palmer at.
I'm not saying Palmer isn't better, and tbf rather than saying "all" I should have put 80% or so, a lot of people will prefer a player at another club over our own because all they see is stats, whereas the Spurs player they watch for a full 90 every week and see all of the weaknesses/negatives.

Swap the two transfers, Palmer comes here where we've had 1 pen all season (and he wouldn't have taken it anyway) and his goal output halves, then a good chunk of people raving about him right now would have found something to whinge about him not being good enough at.

Whilst if Johnson had produced the stats that he has for Spurs elsewhere, he'd be getting a lot more praise than he does from our fans.

I'm not really trying to pass comment on the players relative abilities/value, more the fan mentality.

He could perform to the exact same level next season, and if for whatever reason Chelsea didn't get a single penalty, then there'd be a ton of talk about him having tailed off.

I'm not saying Palmer isn't better, and tbf rather than saying "all" I should have put 80% or so, a lot of people will prefer a player at another club over our own because all they see is stats, whereas the Spurs player they watch for a full 90 every week and see all of the weaknesses/negatives.

Swap the two transfers, Palmer comes here where we've had 1 pen all season (and he wouldn't have taken it anyway) and his goal output halves, then a good chunk of people raving about him right now would have found something to whinge about him not being good enough at.

Whilst if Johnson had produced the stats that he has for Spurs elsewhere, he'd be getting a lot more praise than he does from our fans.

I'm not really trying to pass comment on the players relative abilities/value, more the fan mentality.

He could perform to the exact same level next season, and if for whatever reason Chelsea didn't get a single penalty, then there'd be a ton of talk about him having tailed off.

Without pens he'd be on 11 goals 9 assists in the league .. which is pretty impressive regardless. And in fairness, Johnson's numbers are also pretty impressive. But Johnson is a few goals below xG, Palmer a handful above it. Feels like he's scored a lot more individual efforts which demonstrate quality. But I agree the penalties beef up his stats a lot.

People would probably find something to whinge about, but technically Palmer is a lot nicer to watch and generally fans prefer that profile of footballer.

Without pens he'd be on 11 goals 9 assists in the league .. which is pretty impressive regardless. And in fairness, Johnson's numbers are also pretty impressive. But Johnson is a few goals below xG, Palmer a handful above it. Feels like he's scored a lot more individual efforts which demonstrate quality. But I agree the penalties beef up his stats a lot.

People would probably find something to whinge about, but technically Palmer is a lot nicer to watch and generally fans prefer that profile of footballer.
i said Great player but I have heard people describe him as world class. I look as him as a tidy footballer but would not put him in the England Starting line up just because of this season stats because he is very much an unproven player.

Also johnson is a wait and see player too me he has not cemented a place in the Spurs Starting line up until Kulu's form dipped.

View: https://x.com/martynziegler/status/1781394690018771125

14be88e6ff062c2bda534d40255fedcc79382c98.gifv

This is so frustrating, Conn first reported on this years ago (3 or 4??). Anyway glad Eredivisie have finally done something. Now lets get the PL to slap these cheating cunts to a place they will never come back from.

I think it was widely rumoured before being fully documented though one or more of the ICJ leaked documents, including the Cyprus confidential haul of documents

Bonetti, Webb, Osgood, Harris, Docherty, Venables, Tambling, Bridges.

There was a time, long long ago, when Chelsea Football Club was nearly as attractive as our dear Spurs.

Those days have gone.

Back
Top Bottom