Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Definitely better than playing against some teams reserves in Australia or America a week before the season starts.

You don't think we'll just schedule that crap for the weeks before instead?

Just read this morning we're off to the Far East once the season ends.

You don't think we'll just schedule that crap for the weeks before instead?

Just read this morning we're off to the Far East once the season ends.

No doubt, but it's better than playing abroad a week before the league starts.

The charity shield is just a friendly. But atleast it's for some sort of trophy, against another English club, in England and more important this time, at our temporary home

No doubt, but it's better than playing abroad a week before the league starts.

The charity shield is just a friendly. But atleast it's for some sort of trophy, against another English club, in England and more important this time, at our temporary home

TBH apart from a Wembley warm up, I couldn't give a toss about the CS... Especially as we won't have genuinely earned our spot by winning something.

Just seen this on the BBC:
Andy M Morley: Pure class from Conte, acknowledging and applauding 'Boro supporters.
Matthew Thornber: Sheer class from Conte, shaking hands and applauding Boro fans.
Great that the BBC are stupid enough to follow the 'narrative'... he's classy 'cos what? He wears tight Italian suits and is patronising enough to poor pissy Boro who rolled over and allowed Chelsea to pretty much beaten them with their eyes closed... fuck me, they didn't even have to apply any lube!

Yeah, you do realise it's pretty easy to do that when you know you've just sewn up the title...
Had Boro won tonight :dembelelol::eriksenlol::sonlol::pocheyes: and maybe given Chelsea a real fright that it might not all fall into their laps as they'd hoped/paid for... do you think for one second he'd be doing the same gesture tonight?

Fucking course not!
I'm not saying he's as bad a loser as say Jose or Arsene... they take losing badly to another level...

I remember when we beat Marlow 5-1 in the early '90s... we applauded the 'plucky underdogs' at the end... but I don't remember us being so 'generous' when Port Vale and Bradford beat us a few years earlier...

...and as the old song used to go;
"We're the best behaved supporters in the land, We're the best behaved supporters in the land,
We're the best behaved supporters, best behaved supporters, best behaved supporters in the land

(when we win!)
...but we're a right bunch of bastards when we lose, we're a right bunch of bastards when we lose,
we're a right bunch of bastards, right bunch of bastards, right bunch of bastards when we lose!
..."

I think it was pretty easy for Cunte to applaud anyone and everyone tonight, (especially if there was a camera nearby) I just hope it isn't too breezy around Stamford Bridge tonight, or else the glue under his Syrup might be given a bit of a testing!

Last edited:
I can't stand Conte. You can tell he is such a fake person. He puts on this fucking "Italian passion" persona that's just for show. He knows how to get the media to love him for no reason.

I can't stand Conte. You can tell he is such a fake person. He puts on this fucking "Italian passion" persona that's just for show. He knows how to get the media to love him for no reason.
Then you probably don't know Conte. He's truly like this. Has been like this since his Juventus days.
But because he's the Chelsea manager now you only hate him because of that fact.

Also, thank you, dear Spurs fans for doing the whole "We're coming for you" thing again this year and making fools out of us all again.
Mugs.

Then you probably don't know Conte. He's truly like this. Has been like this since his Juventus days.
But because he's the Chelsea manager now you only hate him because of that fact.

Also, thank you, dear Spurs fans for doing the whole "We're coming for you" thing again this year and making fools out of us all again.
Mugs.
Spurs fans are mugs for enjoying the title race? For enjoying the fact that we were the only remaining team still in with a chance? I don't think singing "we're coming for you" equates to "WE'RE REALLY F'CKIN CERTAIN THAT WE ARE GOING TO OVERTAKE YOU AND WIN THE LEAGUE", it's just a bit of competitive banter innit.

Spurs fans are mugs for enjoying the title race? For enjoying the fact that we were the only remaining team still in with a chance? I don't think singing "we're coming for you" equates to "WE'RE REALLY F'CKIN CERTAIN THAT WE ARE GOING TO OVERTAKE YOU AND WIN THE LEAGUE", it's just a bit of competitive banter innit.

We were in it as much as we were last year and look how that went.

They can sing it every single year and it won't happen anytime soon.

We were in it as much as we were last year and look how that went.

They can sing it every single year and it won't happen anytime soon.
I'm pretty sure that 99% of our fans knew it was highly unlikely we were going to win, but football fans like to sing! No harm in enjoying the journey.

Maybe next year we should play it safe and sing -
"We probably won't win, we probably won't wiiiiiin!
Tottenham Hotspur, we probably won't win!"

I'm pretty sure that 99% of our fans knew it was highly unlikely we were going to win, but football fans like to sing! No harm in enjoying the journey.

Maybe next year we should play it safe and sing -
"We probably won't win, we probably won't wiiiiiin!
Tottenham Hotspur, we probably won't win!"
Or not sing at all...that'd be great. A whole season of silence.

Mugs.

No I couldn't stand him when he was managing Italy either.

No I couldn't stand him when he was managing Italy either.

Everyone's own opinion. My dad also can't stand Conte or same types like Simeone and Klopp who are cheer leading on the side line.
I just don't have anything against him. I don't particularly like him in the way I want him to ever manage us but I also don't dislike him as much as when Mourinho was managing Chelsea.
Mourinho made it easier to dislike Chelsea because he's a knob.

Strong rumours in Italy recently that Conte is going to Inter Milan, who are now backed by China and one of the richest clubs in world football...

Well, Inter just sacked their coach....

Strong rumours in Italy recently that Conte is going to Inter Milan, who are now backed by China and one of the richest clubs in world football...

Well, Inter just sacked their coach....
Hard to believe anything that come out of Italy to be fair, especially the Milanese clubs. Now the takeover has finally happened it will be interesting to see what happens next, for me right now it's all hot air, both clubs are losing money hand over fist, the biggest debts in Italy and have a declining revenue, which is just about the worst situation to be in. They also pay a fucking fortune in wages to very average sides (well at least Inter are entertaining) nearly 80% what the club earns goes out on wages.

So many other clubs have gone past them and have also moved or are planing to move to their own stadiums, whilst these two remain in the largest public lavatory in Italy.

Back
Top Bottom