Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People talk shit because despite all the bullshit people spread on here, theres an underlining sense of fear. Why? Because deep down we know that when Pochettino gets going he is a top quality manager.

And that result against Utd was all too familiar with special nights at WHL early in Pochs spurs career that grew our character and bond.

He’ll probably finish 6th and Watch him turn them into a young well oiled machine next season.

We should have brought him back to Spurs.
Bored Episode 2 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

This guy know they will be starting next season on like minus 18 points right?! Whatever has happened to Pochettino is permanent and he's now really shockingly bad.

Last edited:
Got to wonder then if that may be our plan in the future too?
Re chavs; I can believe this deal was allowed, maybe there might be scrutiny on it further down the line???
They have just purchased the plot adjacent to the stadium too, so they do at least have some kind of plan for a new Stadium I suppose, although terms of the purchase mean if they are to redevelop the current site this can't even start until 27/28 (but might not mean they develop stadium but this just turns out to be property speculating and they build elsewhere).

Re us; I've no idea what our plans will be but broadly i guess they are a) Own the hotel and keep the revenue it generates b) lease the hotel to an operator but own the freehold c) build it then sell the whole thing??

It’s strange to me, that infrastructure spending doesn’t impact you negatively, but you can sell pieces and it impacts you positively. Seems like a pretty obvious loophole to exploit?
My only annoyance is we have to wait another year, they’ve kicked the can down the road, they don’t have another hotel to sell and this season they loose a further £79-£100m of revenue as they aren’t in Europe an won’t be next year too.

I did won’t to pile into The Athletic reporter Liam Twomey who did numerous articles and podcasts about how their new signs means their wage bill has gone down but I cooled down and will pick my moment when I can remind him of his propaganda that so many of the red top’s followed him with.

Re chavs; I can believe this deal was allowed, maybe there might be scrutiny on it further down the line???
They have just purchased the plot adjacent to the stadium too, so they do at least have some kind of plan for a new Stadium I suppose, although terms of the purchase mean if they are to redevelop the current site this can't even start until 27/28 (but might not mean they develop stadium but this just turns out to be property speculating and they build elsewhere).

Re us; I've no idea what our plans will be but broadly i guess they are a) Own the hotel and keep the revenue it generates b) lease the hotel to an operator but own the freehold c) build it then sell the whole thing??

Future cash flow underpins our hotel development. Sweating the asset and rental income will be key to what happens. Personally I think they will try and sell it off, as they have done with other assets they own, but they will have an unrealistic opinion of it’s value so won’t be able to flog it. So they’ll keep it for now and just wrap it up with the club when they sell. I think it’s a huge risk building it personally, it has the potential to be a huge white elephant. Probably why they are trying to de risk and find investors to pay for its construction and potential purchase down the line. Potentially why we won’t see that investment. If you are Qatar, for example, why take the added risk of investing in a run down area of london with an asset that might not work when you could buy a plot of land in the north of England and put a huge shed up and sell/rent that off to Amazon or similar to occupy. Where your risk is less and ROI is so much higher.

Chelsea, getting the site ready for a couple of years time when they might try and sell up (I believe they can’t sell within a certain time frame but can’t remember what it is) because there are no alternative sites in west london is a good idea. They aren’t going to be in it for the long haul.

Future cash flow underpins our hotel development. Sweating the asset and rental income will be key to what happens. Personally I think they will try and sell it off, as they have done with other assets they own, but they will have an unrealistic opinion of it’s value so won’t be able to flog it. So they’ll keep it for now and just wrap it up with the club when they sell. I think it’s a huge risk building it personally, it has the potential to be a huge white elephant. Probably why they are trying to de risk and find investors to pay for its construction and potential purchase down the line. Potentially why we won’t see that investment. If you are Qatar, for example, why take the added risk of investing in a run down area of london with an asset that might not work when you could buy a plot of land in the north of England and put a huge shed up and sell/rent that off to Amazon or similar to occupy. Where your risk is less and ROI is so much higher.

Chelsea, getting the site ready for a couple of years time when they might try and sell up (I believe they can’t sell within a certain time frame but can’t remember what it is) because there are no alternative sites in west london is a good idea. They aren’t going to be in it for the long haul.
It’s fine - it’s a pretty routine investment…. Someone willl fund it, someone will build it, someone will act as franchisor (IHG, Marriot) and someone will own it and run it (franchisee). I don’t think we will get too involved at all

So, these dodgy fuckers sold a Hotel from Chelsea to a subsidiary Boehly company to realise a book profit of £76m to avoid PSR sanctions
My only annoyance is we have to wait another year, they’ve kicked the can down the road, they don’t have another hotel to sell and this season they loose a further £79-£100m of revenue as they aren’t in Europe an won’t be next year too.
Is there anything stopping them from selling it back to Chelsea for £1 and then just repeating?

Back
Top Bottom