Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Although I just love that scenario, is there anything stopping the players paying for their own plane tickets? Not as if any of them can't afford it!
I can imagine there would be something against that, the terms of the license are quite strict and this could be interpretated as benefiting Roman as it means he doesn't get the cost.

I heard they are still deciding of players are allowed win bonuses as only wages are covered by the license and bonuses may not be.

I grew up in Essex in the 80s and 90s. Not one Chav fan to be seen.

It was all Spurs, Woolwich, West Ham and depending on the age of the glory hunter Liverpool / Man U.

In fact there was one kid at school who started out supporting Liverpool but his Charlton supporting dad manged to convert him back. So technically there were more Charlton fans in my year than Chavs.
Obviously , well educated children

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

There's a lot of revisionism written about their transfer strategy. Edwards has been lorded as a genius etc.. but Edwards was also there as their strategy was being slammed as they bought half the Southampton team that Poch turned into a team playing better than the sum of their parts.

They were going after exactly the same players like us, thus demonstrating very little between the two clubs' player identification. The difference was the wage structure, they could afford to pay more than us, it's why Wijnaldum, Mane & Keita (who I think has NOT been a great signing for them) signed for them and not us. At this moment of time, their wage bill was the 3rd highest in the PL.

This was of course the same time we were also building a new stadium, the elephant in the room that has now been conveniently left out of the conversation completely. Something we simply had to do to generate the revenue. All predictions and models show that we will have the highest revenue generated from matchday, expected to be £122m per year (we're yet to have a full year in the stadium with fans and concerts and events take place).

So I agree that I think Klopp is the key person here but the defining factor was they could afford to pay the wages that we couldn't. It really is as simple as that.
In part I agree but, as Utd have shown, it's only a part of the whole.

They've thrown as much money, in transfers and wages, as Chelsea and City. In that elite spending ballpark anyway, yet they're arguably in a worse state than we are. They've yet to hit the reset button and are effectively doing what Liverpool did for a couple of decades, floundering around thinking throwing money at big names and managers, without a clear strategy.

The right manager, the right set up, a clear strategy that everyone is on board with, and future planning.

All the elements need to be in place for sustained success.

What's stopping these multi millionaire players putting their hands in their own pockets, buying their own plane tickets and flying up there if they want to? I don't want to see a boo hoo, poor us story when all of these pricks are still minted.

Fucking brexiteers. If we were still in the EU Chelsea would definitely go under. They’d seize the club and it would take months with the bureaucracy for them to be dealt with and they’d go into administration within that time and probably fold!
Sky reporting that they're trying to figure out if Chelsea will even be allowed in back in to the CL due to EU sanctions.

Fucking nuts.

The more I think about it, the more I think that if the Chelsea sale goes ahead, the entirity of the moneyshould be split and sent down in to the lower leagues.
My gut feel is the money will be held in reserve. Ukraine and Russia agree to some sort of deal and sanctions on oligarchs will be lifted meaning Roman gets paid.

Seems like Bruce Buck the US lawyer asked for the middlesbro game to have no fans coz they have screwed up with Abramovich. Media have routed Chelski on this some calling them a "pariah" in the sport. The cheating against newcastle was another terrible example of how Chelski get away with murder and the Russian bribes toward the FA.

The government should examine the funding of the EPL and FA as the refereeing is the worst it has ever been and the corruption is rampant.

When will the refs stop helping Chelski win matches or are they on another planet??

The more I think about it, the more I think that if the Chelsea sale goes ahead, the entirity of the moneyshould be split and sent down in to the lower leagues.
Send all the money back to the Ukraine and give it to them. I'd say send it back to the Russian people but given their war-mongering leader we can't do that. So why not make sure all the money Roman took from Russia is now given to the Ukrainian people.

He ripped off the Russian people to enrich himself obscenely. Then spunked his cash on Chelsea to fund them for 20 years. It's only appropriate that now his political benefactor is invading and wrecking another country his money should go towards rebuilding Ukraine.

"Gruelling"
What would Tuchel call dragging three young kids across Europe to escape bombing and death . Leaving behind your home and husband, fearing you will never see either again?

Back
Top Bottom