Come here to laugh at Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just read the 'how do we become a big club' thread on their forum, they've gone from we've laid the foundations to move onto the next level to aspiring to be like Southampton hahaha what a pack of melters

So by that definition, being a stepping stone club and losing anyone half decent every transfer window

That fucking sound of paper clappers.
It's fucking eerie.
Just hoofed a ball out of defence to a sound that made me think of mass bone throwing at a Witch Doctor convention.

Ay up Gentlemen!

Haven't been on for a while, as a) I generally only comment on here if there's a Spurs-type connection, and b) because we've been generally so depressingly awful that I couldn't even bear to read neutral news reports, let alone the - ahem - more concentrated commentary that you lot come up with.

But, buoyed with a rare victory over the mighty Derby reserves, I've girded my loins. And inserted a cricket box.

So how are we all? Happy with your season so far?

Ay up Gentlemen!

Haven't been on for a while, as a) I generally only comment on here if there's a Spurs-type connection, and b) because we've been generally so depressingly awful that I couldn't even bear to read neutral news reports, let alone the - ahem - more concentrated commentary that you lot come up with.

But, buoyed with a rare victory over the mighty Derby reserves, I've girded my loins. And inserted a cricket box.

Very happy, how's yours going? :levylol:

Very happy, how's yours going? :levylol:

Actually, probably worse than you can imagine. It's not just the results - it's the performances themselves. We've been dreadful, one or two outlying games aside. Which only make the others more bewildering. Faustian pacts, and all that....

Actually, probably worse than you can imagine. It's not just the results - it's the performances themselves. We've been dreadful, one or two outlying games aside. Which only make the others more bewildering. Faustian pacts, and all that....
44a63493ceb651f3f4da0e8b87ef0cf1.gif

Do you think Ranieri lasts the season?

Ay up Gentlemen!

Good to see ya back !
Do ya reckon your lot will be safe or not and id love to know whether you think ranieri should be sacked and if not, when
?
Our lads are doing all we can ask of them really , i think we ultimately lack a big enough and strong enough squad to really go the distance this year though

Had we not downed tools after we lost it, I've no doubt we would have.

The scum were out of it early march. Their unbeaten runs at the end of seasons are always pointless. Happens every single year. Only pick up points after the show is over

I think that's the danger of the Scum this season - their league challenge is going to be over so early that they may well have enough games left to get above us.

Good to see ya back !
Do ya reckon your lot will be safe or not and id love to know whether you think ranieri should be sacked and if not, when
?
Our lads are doing all we can ask of them really , i think we ultimately lack a big enough and strong enough squad to really go the distance this year though

Hi Jamie

Thanks!

Really don't know whether we'll stay up. I think there are at least 3 teams worse than us, and most of the frustration comes from knowing that we can perform much better. But confidence is shot, players have collectively been at least 10% worse than last season - and in the PL that's suicide. Our recruitment has been iffy too.
Only bright spot - the new lad Ndidi looks a player.

Re Ranieri. I don't think they'll sack him, even if we go down. And I hope not, actually. After what he did last season, he's earned the credit to see this one out, however it ends.

Hi Jamie

Thanks!

Really don't know whether we'll stay up. I think there are at least 3 teams worse than us, and most of the frustration comes from knowing that we can perform much better. But confidence is shot, players have collectively been at least 10% worse than last season - and in the PL that's suicide. Our recruitment has been iffy too.
Only bright spot - the new lad Ndidi looks a player.

Re Ranieri. I don't think they'll sack him, even if we go down. And I hope not, actually. After what he did last season, he's earned the credit to see this one out, however it ends.
Do the Leicester fans who gave it large to us last season regret it now in hindsight. I had no particular beef with Leicester really all the way up to a lot of you acting like cunts. Now I want yous relegated tbh

Do the Leicester fans who gave it large to us last season regret it now in hindsight. I had no particular beef with Leicester really all the way up to a lot of you acting like cunts. Now I want yous relegated tbh

I don't know, Mr Vexed. As I've said on this forum many times I only speak for myself; and I daresay we don't have a monopoly on stupid online fans.

I've never had a problem with anyone on here really, once people realised I didn't have an agenda. Obviously I support my team but that doesn't mean that by definition I hate everybody else's. (Although I do hate a few, but there's generally a reason!) Never had a problem with Spurs, and would be pleased for you if you won it this time round, as it's looking somewhat unlikely that we will.

If Leicester go down, are any of their players worth cherry picking now they've shown themselves to be as unprofessional as fuck?

Mahrez could be worth a punt but it's looking more and more like a PED title triumph now.

For what it's worth, I hope Leicester get relegated a few times on the bounce. They corrupted the English game and might bring it down entirely if the FA's cover up doesn't stand the test of time.

People are going way over the top about Leicester's relative fall from grace.

The truth of last season is that last time round everything fell in place for them. They got decisions, played teams just at the right time, all their players pretty much had the seasons of their lives, other teams raised their games against us for example and Leicester were just astonishingly good. It was a one in a million occurrence.

All that has happened, and losing Kante was a big blow is that they have struggled under the pressure of being champions but mostly have been brought back down to their level. They have had injuries, the normal loss of form that afflicts players and their style of play been found out.

They are unlikely to go down but I thought they were unlikely to win the Premier so who can say for sure so whilst it is good to see how bizarre last season was it is also true that once every blue moon something more than money can prevail

Last edited:
People are going way over the top about Leicester's relative fall from grace.

The truth of last season is that last time round everything fell in place for them. They got decisions, played teams just at the right time, all their players pretty much had the seasons of their lives, other teams raised their games against us for example and Leicester were just astonishingly good. It was a one in a million occurrence.

All that has happened, and losing Kante was a big blow is that they have struggled under the pressure of being champions but mostly have been brought back down to their level. They have had injuries, the normal loss of form that afflicts players and their style of play been found out.

They are unlikely to go down but I thought they were unlikely to win the Premier so who can say for sure so whilst it is good to see how bizarre last season was it is also true that once every blue moon something more than money can prevail
I hope they go down and down and down into a big pile of shit!

If Leicester go down, are any of their players worth cherry picking now they've shown themselves to be as unprofessional as fuck?

Mahrez could be worth a punt but it's looking more and more like a PED title triumph now.

For what it's worth, I hope Leicester get relegated a few times on the bounce. They corrupted the English game and might bring it down entirely if the FA's cover up doesn't stand the test of time.

Young kid Gray for me, thats about it.....Mahrez is a quality player....but naaaah, strikes me as a gooner. Maybe thats unfair just cos they were linked and if we signed him Id be happy of course.

But would take the young kid first all day

Young kid Gray for me, thats about it.....Mahrez is a quality player....but naaaah, strikes me as a gooner. Maybe thats unfair just cos they were linked and if we signed him Id be happy of course.

But would take the young kid first all day
Mahrez was the only player of theirs last year that showed quality on the ball, very impressive. But he's shit this year, speaks volumes of his character for me. Spurs of old would have bought him and he would be a Bentley, Dos Santos, Bent, Chiriches and Ade all rolled into one.

Gray is playing well in a team full of cloggers, bet he wishes he came to us now.

Back
Top Bottom