Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bollocks... That's not good.

Whilst I didn't exactly WANT Liverpool to win the league, it pretty much comes down to whether Man City want to enough
... Cos I think the horror scenario of you know who winning it is becoming ever more real by the game now...

They're bang on form, Liverpool clearly aren't, and City are just about getting through games, without much conviction.

Sunday is FUCKING MASSIVE! (so no pressure then, eh?)

From Salah/Mane/Firmino they only got a good quality replacement with Jota who can play the Firmino role well but he's a sicknote so it undoes that, then you got Gakpo/Darwin and Diaz who have all flopped hard and I'm sure Klopp realised he can't spend any longer trying to squeeze more juice out of that front line.

I'd also say Liverpool being in a title race was probably kind of unexpected for them considering the season they had last year but their poor recruitment in the summer made sure there would be 0 chance they would actually end up on top and that has been the case, no doubt Klopp has thought about this is aswell and probably feels resentment at the fact that the board was soo passive when an opportunity was there. The Liverpool owners thought they'd be in a top 4 fight at best and spent accordingly.

This all happened with Alonso and then Amorim and it turned out to be nonsense. Could be the same here although like I said, he’s an obvious choice. As we saw last summer the manager market is thin. Who else is there?
I wonder if they'll get the same "lol look at them getting rejected by everyone" treatment from the media/socials that we got, or will the narrative be "savvy Liverpool taking their time to make sure they get it right"???

Nah, Slots a really good coach.

I wanted him here when he was linked in the summer.
I'm not sure there's as much evidence for this as some suggest. I've deliberately watched his Feynoord side since our near miss. They are a decent drilled side in an absolute car crash of a league. Slott may prove to be brilliant but from what I have seen he is a coach on the same level as De Zerbi, Potter, Amorin, and Fonseca. He has been to my mind less impressive than for example Pipo Inzaghi in a harder league. On top of which he lacks charisma and is replacing a frankly extraordinary coach. He could be fine or as I hope he could crash and burn. Never be the man replacing THE MAN.

Last edited:
From Salah/Mane/Firmino they only got a good quality replacement with Jota who can play the Firmino role well but he's a sicknote so it undoes that, then you got Gakpo/Darwin and Diaz who have all flopped hard and I'm sure Klopp realised he can't spend any longer trying to squeeze more juice out of that front line.

Yeah they massively need a new front three just like us unfortunately so it will make it competitive for players with them. I do wonder if they will go for Summerville as Slot had him at Feyenoord I think. If Slot goes there of course.

Bollocks... That's not good.

Whilst I didn't exactly WANT Liverpool to win the league, it pretty much comes down to whether Man City want to enough
... Cos I think the horror scenario of you know who winning it is becoming ever more real by the game now...

They're bang on form, Liverpool clearly aren't, and City are just about getting through games, without much conviction.

Sunday is FUCKING MASSIVE! (so no pressure then, eh?)

If we don’t beat them or at least get a point on Sunday then I think they’ll win it. I’m absolutely shitting it that we won’t get anything out of the game.

Soaking up the pleasure of that smug & entitled club getting humbled.
Unfortunately for US, there's a smugger, more self entitled club down the road who might just revel in last nights' result...

Whilst Liverpool or Man City aren't my preferred clubs to win the league, there are 91 OTHER clubs I'd much rather see win it, than Woolwich!

Back
Top Bottom