Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All we need now is Salah to Saudi to be announced

Want It Fran Healy GIF by Travis

I'm convinced Alonso will be the one they go for - fits the profile as an ex-player, plays good football and probably not to difficult to prise him away from Leverkusen.

it’s funny now, in two weeks time when all the papers, journalists and pundits are still talking about saint Klopp for the 800th time even during the middle of our live games it will start to become annoying.

Two minutes silence each game, black armbands, flags lowered over Parliament, state funeral of Klopp’s Liverpool soul.

Sky Sports presenters to wear black armbands for the rest of the season.
God the outpouring of 'grief' from scousers all over social media and radio/tv is going to be puke-inducing isn't it.

:llorishuh:
Do you think they'll do a Minutes' silence before the game tonight??

It's early days in the planning process, but apparently the National Day of Mourning is scheduled for May 20th, with the procession starting from Anfield, and driving in a Courtege all the way to Munich.

Fans are encouraged to wear black (or red) and can send flowers, but are requested to line the streets in an orderly fashion, and of course, will be granted time off work to allow time to fully deal with the grieving process of us all.

Jurgen's (Liverpool) family gratefully request privacy at this difficult time.

... RETIRE IN PEACE JURGEN!

Whelp, that's the League sewn up for them now... The script is written to "Win it for Klopp!"

Personally, I think all the chest thumping and gurning finally caught up with him... This is probably on Doctor's advice!!!!

Is it just me but I don't get why people do this apart from to get one last ego trip of a drawn out farewell.

Just keep it to yourself until the end of the season.
I 100% agree with you on this.

BUT, I also know that something like this might just be the tiny marginal gain required to get them the title this year. The club (players, fans and a huge marketing machine) will swing into action. i) Players - "do it for Klopp" ii) Fans with songs and tifo's etc ii) Marketing machine producing slick promotional stuff underpinning player and fan sentimentality and worse still the general media picking up and running with this for every single game left of this season.

Look how City and Pep got their players to kick on after the PL Charges were announced last season. They were struggling (in City terms that means looking a bit flat and off it, no longer choking teams to death for +90 mins), they used it as fuel to energise the team and a dead supporter base actually cared about something.

Until he fucks off it's now going to be an unbearable media love in frenzy.

Sky already throwing Ange in there... If they only FUCKING DARE TRY!!

Personally, with their fucking obsession with THE BOOT ROOM ™®© LFC and history, I think ex-player Xavi Alonso is a shoe in... Let's hope so anyway, for Our sake!

All my Liverpool supporting mates are devastated, literally broken - they cannot believe it lol

I suppose there's one thing when managers get sacked, like we knew Poch's sacking was coming because we were shite and things were looking bad but Liverpool are doing better than expected this season and on the up so this news has hit them for 6, great stuff.

Salah probably going to Saudi as well, wonderful times and this has been setup perfectly for us to take advantage, it's been too long since we finished above Liverpool, something we were doing on a regular occasion and we need to take advantage and cement our status whilst pushing for top honours.

Last edited:
I 100% agree with you on this.

BUT, I also know that something like this might just be the tiny marginal gain required to get them the title this year. The club (players, fans and a huge marketing machine) will swing into action. i) Players - "do it for Klopp" ii) Fans with songs and tifo's etc ii) Marketing machine producing slick promotional stuff underpinning player and fan sentimentality and worse still the general media picking up and running with this for every single game left of this season.

Look how City and Pep got their players to kick on after the PL Charges were announced last season. They were struggling (in City terms that means looking a bit flat and off it, no longer choking teams to death for +90 mins), they used it as fuel to energise the team and a dead supporter base actually cared about something.

Until he fucks off it's now going to be an unbearable media love in frenzy.
It matters more you know

Is it just me but I don't get why people do this apart from to get one last ego trip of a drawn out farewell.

Just keep it to yourself until the end of the season.
I agree that, to me, the timing appears a bit weird, but I am pretty sure that he's consulted the Liverpool board before announcing it, so it's not as if he just made that farewell video all by himself and posted it on their site secretly.
And, at least he did go for the sack and a lucrative "sending off" package.

Back
Top Bottom