Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has he even been bad?

I know he misses a few feels like he scores a fair bit too.

For most of the season they were gassing him up saying that he didn't need to score as he still created chaos and opportunity.....................

If Slot doesn’t hit the ground running I think they’ll be lucky to get a champions league place next season. Quite a few of their players look well off it. Losing klopp will be huge for them obviously. They’ll have to have a very good summer window.

Whilst it’s a massive pain in the hole that the title is going to the last game, at least it’s cut down on the grief show of this tombstone toothed cunt leaving.

A horrible individual and I’ll be delighted to see the back of him.

A friend of my dad was saying earlier, that Klopp is a regular at his local in Formby, and is always laughing his head off in there. He seems to like him.

View: https://twitter.com/AnfieldSector/status/1790727338503839900?t=_H5eziGakrXNjsN3voZ53A&s=19

holding it in fired up GIF by WWE

If Slot doesn’t hit the ground running I think they’ll be lucky to get a champions league place next season. Quite a few of their players look well off it. Losing klopp will be huge for them obviously. They’ll have to have a very good summer window.
Usually the guy who takes over from a legend doesn’t last long. it’s Terrible timing to be the next one in. Moyes had no hope after Fergie.

Usually the guy who takes over from a legend doesn’t last long. it’s Terrible timing to be the next one in. Moyes had no hope after Fergie.
I dunno. Statistcally probably.

But then also free reign to come in and just roll the dice. Make some huge calls and make it clear you're the one.

Moyes was utterly feeble and overwhelmed and actually said as much...he ruined his own chances.

Bowl in like barry big bollocks, smash a few corner flags, slap a ball boy and shag someone's mum and you never know....win the first handful of games and you're in business.

I dunno. Statistcally probably.

But then also free reign to come in and just roll the dice. Make some huge calls and make it clear you're the one.

Moyes was utterly feeble and overwhelmed and actually said as much...he ruined his own chances.

Bowl in like barry big bollocks, smash a few corner flags, slap a ball boy and shag someone's mum and you never know....win the first handful of games and you're in business.
If only Ange had taken notes.

Not that I feel sorry for them but this simply shows how fast the goal posts can change and how crooked most teams are when it comes to money...

• Ruben Amorim at one stage looked set to succeed Jurgen Klopp at Anfield

Ruben Amorim's move to Liverpool from Sporting Lisbon reportedly fell through due to a dispute over his release clause.

The Portuguese boss was at one stage expected to succeed Jurgen Klopp at Anfield after front-runner Xabi Alonso made his intentions to remain at Bayer Leverkusen clear.

Feyenoord manager Arne Slot will be taking over from Klopp in the Reds dugout next season and was always in the frame for the position, but according to Bild reporter Christian Falk, Amorim had all but completed a move to Anfield before Sporting's president moved the goalposts.

'Everything had already been negotiated and the contracts were ready to be signed.' He said via Caught Offside. 'Sporting Lisbon would have received a transfer fee of €10m, as had been agreed.

'However, the president of Sporting Lisbon, [Frederico Varandas], is said to have changed his mind at the last minute.
'Suddenly, the president demanded €20m and spontaneously doubled the price. Liverpool did not want to play the game. That was bitter for Amorim, who would have loved to become Jurgen Klopp's successor.'

Having missed out on the Liverpool job, the 39-year-old flew to London in April to speak with West Ham as they assessed candidates to take over from David Moyes.

Amorim later apologised for the 'completely wrong' timing after he was met by a swarm of journalists upon returning to Portugal.

Earlier this month, he announced that he would be staying with Sporting, having secured his second league title since arriving at the club in 2020.

Back
Top Bottom