Colin Murray No More

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If this was the case they might show more of the games and not constantly miss out the actual highlights.

Regardless of what happpens in any one game their contract states they can only show 10mins highlights of any one game IIRC, hence why some games seem to be missing vital highlights and others 'padded' out.

Regardless of what happpens in any one game their contract states they can only show 10mins highlights of any one game IIRC, hence why some games seem to be missing vital highlights and others 'padded' out.

Well if that is the case, I'd rather they show 10 minutes of highlights of all games and not 10 minutes of Man Utd every week followed by 10 minutes of talk about the game and then reduced highlights of other games.

Well if that is the case, I'd rather they show 10 minutes of highlights of all games and not 10 minutes of Man Utd every week followed by 10 minutes of talk about the game and then reduced highlights of other games.

Sorry, I didn't word my first post very well. They aren't allowed to show more than 10 mins highlights of any *one* match. In theory they could show 10 mins highlights of every match, but then you've got to factor in that teams like Stoke, Sunderland and QPR play every week so that start to complicates things.

Sorry, I didn't word my first post very well. They aren't allowed to show more than 10 mins highlights of any *one* match. In theory they could show 10 mins highlights of every match, but then you've got to factor in that teams like Stoke, Sunderland and QPR play every week so that start to complicates things.

Fair point!

Has anyone else been using the live TV delay feature on iPlayer to watch the MOTD rerun on Sunday mornings? They usually rerun it around 7-8am and you can go back 2 hours, so if you get up at 10 you can still watch! I was wondering if that had any effect on their licensing terms the other day, I guess not though.

I didn't mind him, he at least managed to be impartial (despite being a die hard liverpool fan). Chappers isn't too bad a presenter either.

But considering you are comparing people to the mustachioed twat, grecian 2000, the welsh pony tailed prancing prima donna prick and the 'egg for a head' geordie it's not hard to warm to either murray or chapman.

The real question is who do people actually rate when it comes to talking about football?

I find Steve Claridge more honest and insightful than most tbf. And I could listen to David Ginola say 'Tottenham' all day long. I didn't even mind Adrian Chiles in comparison to most of them.

But that's about it.
They should replace all of the MOTD presenters with the cast of the Fast Show, not just the obvious 'Jumpers for Goalposts guy', but all of the characters, this would be immense.

News international has just bought the rights to show highlights online after the game. As in what you see on the ESPN goals app which I think will now be defunct. You'll have to download an App from The Sun I believe. Bet the fuckers charge for it too!

I definitely think there's a place for analysis of the games alongside highlights, the problem is that MOTD doesn't offer any analysis at all, just cliches and bullshit. I don't have much time for Murray, found him annoying, but Shearer, Hansen and Lawro are infuriating, they're an insult to anyone who has a clue about football. They don't do any work, no research, no prep, nothing, I suspect they comment on games that they haven't seen sometimes, and they don't tell us ANYTHING that we haven't just seen ourselves, "He buried that!" "Oh, and the keeper's fumbled the ball, that's a mistake!" Yeah, no shit! Shearer saying he didn't know who Ben Arfa was when he signed for Newcastle was a real low. Bad enough that he never heard of him despite him being a French International, regularly in Champions League, and one of the most hotly tipped teenage talents in world football, but that he never even bothered using his sources at Newcastle to find out anything!! Robbie Savage, Dion Dublin and Michael Owen seem to be the new breed, depressing.

Hate to say it, but Lee Dixon was the only pundit who offered any insightful analysis on BBC, and now he's fucked off to ITV.

Tbh, I don't watch MOTD anymore, unless Spurs win, and then I just watch the highlights only. Catch up with the other goals with Goals on Sunday, SSN, or online.

Another thing, MOTD2 had been better than Saturday's MOTD for the past 4 years or so. But recently Hansen et all have started regularly appearing on MOTD2 cause most of the big games are on Sundays these days, now both versions are as bad as each other really.

another thing that fucks me off is pundits and commentators not knowing/understanding the current laws of the game, mostly due to willful ignorance about a game they stopped playing years ago

here in Ireland the analysis is much better, I remember during the recent Euros there was an incident in the first half of a match and the panel were arguing over a decision, think it may have been an offside decision or something. point is, during the ad break they looked up the rule book and read out the relevant passage to the audience to show that it was the correct decision according to the rules, as opposed to according to their ignorant presumptions. how simple a thing to do is that? but no, you constantly here so called experts getting handball laws wrong, offside laws wrong, etc, etc

how about having an ex-ref on panels? or at least in the background to back up the pundits with accurate info. there's a few podcasts that have qualified refs from time to time and I always think it's interesting and useful

Back
Top Bottom