Club statement 30.04.14

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I read nothing into it at all, what were we supposed to do?

CLUB STATEMENT
Even though we have a manager with a contract through to next summer, and 2 important games remaining this season, we thought we would shop around a bit...

Obviously we expect Tim to give his best efforts and not feel undermined at all

Remember the Ramos fiasco? Has echoes of that.

Of course its quite possible its entirely true, though Id suggest given the quotes coming uot of Holland there is no smoke without fire.

I also think its telling the statement did nothing to reinforce Sherwood/his position.

Reports that we have made approaches to other clubs regarding coaching staff are wholly inaccurate. We have NOT contacted any club regarding coaching appointments.

......its moyes isnt it....

We have NOT contacted any club regarding coaching appointments.

Highly doubt this. Why would Ajax and FDB and Overmars and (to a lesser degree) the Dutch papers claim we did contact Ajax? As the wise Lister Lister once noted: "No smoke without fire".

We have NOT contacted any club regarding coaching appointments.

Highly doubt this. Why would Ajax and FDB and Overmars and (to a lesser degree) the Dutch papers say they did contact Ajax? As the wise Lister Lister once noted: "No smoke without fire".

I see no reason at all why Ajax would encourage any interest in FDB.
If he hasnt had contact, I dont see why FDB would speak about it as he did.

What I think is in Holland they have run their mouths a bit forgetting we still have a manager with 2 games to go and now the club is reacting to take the pressure off.

I said in another thread, I do feel for Sherwood, he is now in an impossible position.

242.gif

I see no reason at all why Ajax would encourage any interest in FDB.
If he hasnt had contact, I dont see why FDB would speak about it as he did.

What I think is in Holland they have run their mouths a bit forgetting we still have a manager with 2 games to go and now the club is reacting to take the pressure off.

I said in another thread, I do feel for Sherwood, he is now in an impossible position.
agree with this...as much as i dont want sherwood to continue as manager its not fair on him that the media are circling

Its not often Spurs release any info....left in the dark for months over Berbatov, Bale, Modric etc......the press knew Jol was gone before the club told us.

I reckon when they speak, its actually worth listening to.

We all hope something is brewing, but knowing us, it probably isnt at all.

Although it's a bit shit on Sherwood I think it's also quite good for his rep- we look like cunts he looks like the victim while working really hard and getting 'results'. I think he'll get a bigger job than Swindon or barnet now and a fat payoff. So actually fuck Sherwood.

Can anyone think of a Premier League club that has ever made a statement about not approaching a manager to take over the club? Very strange indeed, why do they feel the need to make such a statement?

Back
Top Bottom