Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Christian Eriksen is interviewed by Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet on Wednesday and has many positive thoughts on his first season at Tottenham.

The Danish playmaker became a key man for Spurs, especially towards the end of the season and was undoubtedly the best of the seven summer signings.

Eriksen swept a number of Tottenham’s player of the season awards and seemed thrilled about how 2013/2014 went on a personal level when speaking to Ekstra Bladet.

The Spurs playmaker said: “It’s more than I could have dreamed or imagined. You’ve always hear that the first season is just acclimatising, but it’s gone beyond expectations. Or I would say that it ended better than I expected.”

Eriksen continued: “The end was good. But there was a time when I doubted if I should play. You try to convince yourself that you should, and I am very pleased with the end of the season.”

Ekstra Bladet also asked Eriksen about Tottenham’s search for a new manager.

His former Ajax boss Frank De Boer is among those to be linked with Spurs but Eriksen simply said: “I will not talk about the coach.”

Finally, Eriksen discussed playing in the Premier League: “The matches are tougher, both physically and mentally. You need to rely more on your brain in the Premiership, due to the pace of the game here. You need to perform at the highest level in any match. If you don’t you’ll lose to any team; the teams are that close in the EPL.”

Which is the question and which is the statement.

A Woolwich are cunts!
B are Woolwich cunts?
I don't like the way that question is worded, too easy to say that they aren't. Should be something along the lines of "Did woolwich stop being cunts?"

Makes it a little harder to answer.

Tottenham Hotspur's Christian Eriksen has been speaking to BT in his own country about various things relating to his one year with the club. BT seem to have got hung up on a chant Tottenham fans have made for Eriksen, which they explain with some pride, goes like this:

'Eriksen, sen, sen; He’s our number 23.

Eriksen, sen, sen; Came to play for AVB.

To the left to the right; He’s our midfield Dynamite.

When he plays for the Lilywhites; He makes Ozil look sh*te.'

BT's description of what they think Spurs fans are like is the most striking part of the whole article, never mind what Eriksen says. The Danish outlet explain 'Close your eyes and imagine a bunch of bald stocky men - several of them with a distinct absence of teeth in both the upper and lower jaw'.

They go on to say that these men took so quickly to Eriksen that he got his own chant, and that many in England now feel he turned out better value than Woolwich's purchase of Ozil.

BT explain that Eriksen can't hide his smile when talking about the chant and the Spurs player said "It came very quickly and it was that people liked what they saw in the stadium."

On whether it's true that he's better than Ozil, Eriksen explained "I don't know. Ozil is a very good player and I still have a little way to go when you consider what he has achieved in Germany and Madrid. He also needs to get used to a good league. But, again, he helped to win something they have not done for many years."

Eriksen's good first season has led to largely unsubstantiated rumours that he could be leaving White Hart Lane quickly. Whilst it's clearly just been speculation, BT asked Eriksen to assure Danish Tottenham fans that he wouldn't be going anywhere, the player happily obliged "I certainly have no intention of leaving Tottenham."

Strangely, BT didn't ask Eriksen if he agreed with their description of Spurs fans as 'a bunch of bald stocky men - several of them with a distinct absence of teeth'. And to think the article was trying to be pro-Tottenham, wonder what they'd have rolled out if it had been a hatchet piece.

BT and Ekstra Bladet are just the Danish equivalents of the Sun and Mirror. Just a bunch of interns told to write provocative and sensationalist stories. That is not the way English football fans are perceived in Denmark, lol.

Tried a new one in Chicago:

Eriksen, sen, sen; He’s our number 23.
Eriksen, sen, sen; He's got a weave like Wayne-Rooney
To the left to the right; He’s our midfield Dynamite.
When he plays for the Lilywhites; He makes Özil look shite.

Back
Top Bottom