Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As big a fan as I am of Eriksen, I feel we should get rid ASAP. It's fairly obvious judging by his statement in the summer & by his recent performances that he really doesn't want to be at the club. Personally, I've got a feeling that he's going to do a Ramsey, run down his contract & leave for nothing

As big a fan as I am of Eriksen, I feel we should get rid ASAP. It's fairly obvious judging by his statement in the summer & by his recent performances that he really doesn't want to be at the club. Personally, I've got a feeling that he's going to do a Ramsey, run down his contract & leave for nothing
Absolutely, but he needs to be very careful. He's listed three teams he wants to play for. What if none of them come in for him in January? What if Poch gets to January and dumps him in the reserves due to him having no future with us?

I think we have a few unhappy players at present who thought they would be elsewhere earning huge wages as teams would be just falling over themselves to sign them. Then the reality hit that they weren't as good as they thought they were.

Well if we don't sell him in January then this will definitely be happening. He doesn't run after balls anymore, you hardly ever see him running towards the player with the ball wanting it he is very languid and everything seems forced.

The boys hunger for us as a club has gone. That'll cause more damage than good whichnis a shame as he has one last season with us so why not enjoy it and leave things on good, buzzy terms. Nowhere near the sprightly pass assassin he used to be and I can't remember the last time he pinged one into the next like we all know he's sublime at doing. Big shame but something's up with him and I think we all know what it is.

Stating the obvious with due respect.

It's a shame it appears to have got to this but it is his right to be quite mercenary in his dealings.

What isn't right or acceptable is that when he is picked that he performs (misnomer for is on the pitch) and not getting anywhere near standard.

Then the next question is less get him out now because we can't as opposed to should Pochettino being playing him which is now being asked time and time again.

The irony is that we bought Lo Celso, maybe to be his replacement (now injured) and we face Maddison, who may show us what we could have had on Saturday

Or is he struggling to play whilst tripping over his petted lip.

He reminds me of a kid that thought the world was his oyster and when he announced the teams he wanted to play for, they would come falling over themselves trying to get him. When they didn't he decided he wasn't playing, but he was forced to, very much against his wishes.
According to Ballague, Real agreed personal terms with him.

Of course he doesn't. But if he said he was disappointed in Eriksen last night then media would treat it as full blown Mou slagging off his players.

I feel like mediawise, he did everything correctly in answering those questions of Eriksen and Dele.
Then he shouldn't have roasted the whole team last night, didn't follow his plan, disappointed ...etc.

Not commenting on Eriksen again until he leaves or signs a new contract or plays 3 good games for us in succession.

No doubt at all Pochettino is struggling to know what to do with him.

It makes you wonder what Levys stance would be if we end up in a situation where it’s Eriksen, Toby, Rose and Jan vs Poch?

I actually think Levy will back Poch to the hilt

It makes you wonder what Levys stance would be if we end up in a situation where it’s Eriksen, Toby, Rose and Jan vs Poch?

I actually think Levy will back Poch to the hilt

I know there are a few posters who see past the poster when I write but this demise or downward spiral started the very day Rose was not stuck on the transfer list and told he would not play for us again.

The moment you show weakness as a manager you have a long way back.

Since then Alderweireld and now Eriksen. My honest view of Vertonghen,, who has been our best defender since King is that his best days are gone. Yes, the odd big match but consistently, no.

Levy would keep Pochettino over that quartet and so would I.

Aside from Eriksen and more and more it's in question, the rest are on downward trajectories.

I know there are a few posters who see past the poster when I write but this demise or downward spiral started the very day Rose was not stuck on the transfer list and told he would not play for us again.

The moment you show weakness as a manager you have a long way back.

Since then Alderweireld and now Eriksen. My honest view of Vertonghen,, who has been our best defender since King is that his best days are gone. Yes, the odd big match but consistently, no.

Levy would keep Pochettino over that quartet and so would I.

Aside from Eriksen and more and more it's in question, the rest are on downward trajectories.

I would keep Poch over them 4 too. But the question is how deep the scars would cut the rest of them..

I believe you mean after he trash-talked the club in The Sun, correct? Rose was still out injured and he came back like the next season or something when we haven’t bought anyone. I believe Poch was forced to “re-integrate” them back into the team so we could cross the finish line. Playing Davies in every game was pretty much impossible even if he didn’t get injured and we didn’t have another back-up option.
Same with Toby.

He’s having a fucking laugh if he thinks Real Madrid would be interested in taking him, even on a free. I can see why Zidane is not interested and putting in performances like he has for over a year, he’d get eaten alive by their demanding, entitled fickle fans.

Even at his best it can be argued he’s not quite elite level, we are his highest level and he’s even fallen way below that standard for over a year.

People will say “oh we’ll only appreciate him when he’s gone blah blah” appreciate what? Half arsed performances for over a year and never taking a game by the scruff of the neck? ( especially when it really mattered like the CL final last season. When we lost Bale, Modric and Berbatov, those were players we missed. Eriksen is not in their class ( on past years performance ) and I’m sure we will cope without his best Ozil impersonation.

He’s having a fucking laugh if he thinks Real Madrid would be interested in taking him, even on a free. I can see why Zidane is not interested and putting in performances like he has for over a year, he’d get eaten alive by their demanding, entitled fickle fans.

Even at his best it can be argued he’s not quite elite level, we are his highest level and he’s even fallen way below that standard for over a year.

People will say “oh we’ll only appreciate him when he’s gone blah blah” appreciate what? Half arsed performances for over a year and never taking a game by the scruff of the neck? ( especially when it really mattered like the CL final last season. When we lost Bale, Modric and Berbatov, those were players we missed. Eriksen is not in their class ( on past years performance ) and I’m sure we will cope without his best Ozil impersonation.
Of course RM will take him on a free. What a ridiculous post. He may be just a squad player for them but every team needs squad players.

Did this post ride a time machine here from a month ago? Get rid ASAP? The transfer window is closed, mate. Yes, he’s running his contract down and leaving for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom