Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen is our best dynamic clever fast thinking player in the middle.

The other options are Winks, Sissoko aging Dembele, out of sorts Wanyama and bulky Dier with blonde moments.

There is a massive gap between Eriksen and the rest.
What's the actual bet and what determines keeping the same level?
Points tally compared to last 3 seasons plus this season, PL table position top 4 and CL last 16 qualification.
We can trust the experience of Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor with the money and his decision. Basically he will be the judge.

Is betting legal on this forum?

Points tally compared to last 3 seasons plus this season, PL table position top 4 and CL last 16 qualification.
We can trust the experience of Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor with the money and his decision. Basically he will be the judge.

Works for me.

We'd need to finish in the top 4.
Points tally 75+ depending on overall league table points.
Champions League progression.
Any trophies won.

But this is based on us just selling Eriksen and Dele, Kane, Vertonghen etc. are all still here. - I reckon we'd be just fine based on the fact that I think Pochettino would invest it well.

There are players who are irreplaceable and Eriksen is one of them. If he works for me, I would do my utmost to keep him at any price. The same applies to Kane and also I would add Toby and Vert.
Every one else including the captain are not relevant to above argument.

Last edited:
There are players who are irreplaceable and Eriksen is one of them. If he works for me, I would my utmost to keep him at any price. The same applies to Kane and also I would add Toby and Vert.
Every one else including the captain are not relevant to above argument.
Pochettinho,Kane & Eriksen are the back bone these three above anybody else should be kept at all costs.

Works for me.

We'd need to finish in the top 4.
Points tally 75+ depending on overall league table points.
Champions League progression.
Any trophies won.

But this is based on us just selling Eriksen and Dele, Kane, Vertonghen etc. are all still here. - I reckon we'd be just fine based on the fact that I think Pochettino would invest it well.
Yes based on selling Eriksen only.
Poch will invest but go and find me another Eriksen with the money and salary Levy wants to pay.
We saw the investment after we sold Modric and Bale, we went backward for years. I remember the season after when Baldini was still there, we lost 5-1 to city, 4-1 to liverpool both at WHL.

Poch will invest but go and find me another Eriksen with the money and salary Levy wants to pay.
We saw the investment after we sold Modric and Bale, we went backward for years. I remember the season after when Baldini was still there, we lost 5-1 to city, 4-1 to liverpool both at WHL.
We shit our pants with the money from Bale ironically Eriksen was the silver lining but levy panicked and the cash wasn’t used the best it could have been! History could repeat its self use the money from Eriksen buy another guy with potential get a settled team then that player decides fuck it I’m off and so it begins again.

He won't find another Eriksen with the money - just like Liverpool didn't aim to find a Coutinho.

He'll use it to invest in a squad capable of actually playing our 433/41212 successfully instead of shoe-horning players in positions they can't play.

We are a much better team now then when Bale was here. We aren't reliant on Eriksen for a start.

He won't find an Eriksen with the money - just like Liverpool didn't aim to find a Coutinho.

He'll use it to invest in a squad capable of actually playing our 433 successfully instead of shoe-horning players in positions they can't play.
We will but it will be an Eriksen from 4/5 years ago.

We will but it will be an Eriksen from 4/5 years ago.

I'd just be happy spending that money on two or three players to take us to the next level.

Ball playing midfielder.
Ball winning midfielder.
Goalscoring wide-forward.

He won't find another Eriksen with the money - just like Liverpool didn't aim to find a Coutinho.

He'll use it to invest in a squad capable of actually playing our 433/41212 successfully instead of shoe-horning players in positions they can't play.

We are a much better team now then when Bale was here. We aren't reliant on Eriksen for a start.
Exactly he won't find another Eriksen and to sell a main player and invest after where the club has reached is step/s backward.
We are reliant on Eriksen in the same we are on Kane but not on Dele or Son. Example: Burnley at Wembley, bring on Erisken and he scores the winner in the 91st minute and 3 points to Spurs. He is irreplaceable. he is our best midfielder, the best in freekicks, forward passes and assists. He never gives the ball away. We don't have replacement for him in the squad.
How long will it take the new investment to work? No body can tell but for sure more than a season.
We won't win anything because of such, Modric, Bale and now this...... Depressing facts.
I blame the promises made of the new stadium date and still f--- knows.

Exactly he won't find another Eriksen and to sell a main player and invest after where the club has reached is step/s backward.
We are reliant on Eriksen in the same we are on Kane but not on Dele or Son. Example: Burnley at Wembley, bring on Erisken and he scores the winner in the 91st minute and 3 points to Spurs. He is irreplaceable. he is our best midfielder, the best in freekicks, forward passes and assists. He never gives the ball away. We don't have replacement for him in the squad.
How long will it take the new investment to work? No body can tell but for sure more than a season.
We won't win anything because of such, Modric, Bale and now this...... Depressing facts.
I blame the promises made of the new stadium date and still f--- knows.

Not really sure that's entirely true.

Eriksen hasn't even been in our top 5 players of this season yet we've had our best ever start to a Premier League season and still in all four competitions.

If he leaves, someone else will step up with the assists and goals, it happens.12 goals and 8 assists for Coutinho at Liverpool before they sold him (in January no less), yet they replaced him. With a creative midfielder? No. They strengthened centre back, a goalkeeper and their depth to make sure they could compete. People on here said Liverpool would falter when selling Coutinho because he was their best player. Same people are saying it again with Eriksen. If we sell him and we invest it well, we'll be more well rounded to compete on all fronts.

We'd simply do the same. Kane is getting more and more creative every year. Dele's relishing in his new role. Son is on course to get more goals and assists than he ever has in a Spurs shirt. We get a ball playing midfielder who can help create for those. We get a ball winning midfielder to allow them to flourish even more and we strengthen our depth to allow us to push on.

3 players for one Eriksen. Any figures? 80m divide by 3, you get championship players or young players who need 2/3 years to develop. Backward steps.
I would rather take the risk and buy one player like Isco.

Could do that.

But then we buy a lesser player and probably fall back if we don't add more.

I'd much rather by a Berge, Diawara and a Werner than an Isco in all honesty.

Lloris
KWP - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Firpo
Berge
Diawara - Dele
Werner - Kane - Son
Whilst living in dream land for now is a better team than:

Lloris
Trippier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Rose
Dier
Eriksen - Dele
Lucas - Kane - Son​

3 players for one Eriksen. Any figures? 80m divide by 3, you get championship players or young players who need 2/3 years to develop. Backward steps.
I would rather take the risk and buy one player like Isco.
Ah but there is a flaw our player goes up a level players we want won’t come down!

Back
Top Bottom