Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd rather...

Dele, Kane, Lamela

It wasn't long ago that Flav was knocking on his door and I think he was right too, and still do. Eriksen is a good player but those front three are better if you ask me.

I'd rather...

Dele, Kane, Lamela

It wasn't long ago that Flav was knocking on his door and I think he was right too, and still do. Eriksen is a good player but those front three are better if you ask me.
Out of interest, what more does he have to do to win you over beyond having more assists than anyone else in Europe's top 5 leagues?

Out of interest, what more does he have to do to win you over beyond having more assists than anyone else in Europe's top 5 leagues?

lol! He doesn't have to win anybody over, does he? He's a good player, as I said. I think Dele, Kane, Lamela is better.

pop.png

Why does it have to be one or the other?

Both have their positives. Lamela brings a hard work, a desire and fight to his game. Whereas Eriksen brings a calmness.

I think both can be used to devastating effect against certain opposition. Like playing Dembele against the bigger clubs and Winks against those who will give us more space etc.

Always thought Eriksen gave us a touch of class after we lost Bale and Modric, and before Kane and Dele came on the scene.
He is the kind of player who would really shine if you built the side around him (the thing Spurs used to do when we only had one or two outstanding players). I think Poch is moving Dele into a more attacking role, almost a second striker behind Kane, which means Eriksen might be able to re-occupy his playmaker role. That's where he played on Sunday against Stoke and he was very good.

I thought it was a coup getting Eriksen from Ajax, he was coveted by a lot of other sides. Out of that 'magnificent 7', he has been the best of that bunch.

[QUOTE="Colonel_K, post: Out of that 'magnificent 7', he has been the best of that bunch.[/QUOTE]
I do like eriksen but that wouldnt be hard

Guess it's easy to get buried in stats but found the following interesting as I feel CE makes somewhat frail attempts at a tackles. Not expecting him to smash everyone up but it's part of his role – he looks to be going through the motions and scared at times (to me anyway)

CE: 123 Appearances = 156 tackles
EL: 85 Appearances = 183 tackles

Also a return of 5 goals from 93 shots... He's up the top of the table for attempts but well down the table for goals...

Think stats can be skewed to suit any argument (see above) and believe he is the best we have as a 'flair' type of player but doesn't quite do enough for me. For 11.5m, still a great signing that is probably worth in excess of £22m now

This fool just said 22 mil didnt we buy sissoko for 30 mil im sorry if he doesnt dazzle you at times but he is the most important player on our team i have seen us play without erikssen and we look like when cowshit hit a flat rock.

I'd rather...

Dele, Kane, Lamela

I think Eriksen has that mercurial playmaker quality that they don't have

He can be a luxury at times when he is out the game and doing literally nothing or everything he tries goes wrong, and a total match winner at others

Lamela as a very good sub for Eriksen for me

Guess it's easy to get buried in stats but found the following interesting as I feel CE makes somewhat frail attempts at a tackles. Not expecting him to smash everyone up but it's part of his role – he looks to be going through the motions and scared at times (to me anyway)

CE: 123 Appearances = 156 tackles
EL: 85 Appearances = 183 tackles

Also a return of 5 goals from 93 shots... He's up the top of the table for attempts but well down the table for goals...

Think stats can be skewed to suit any argument (see above) and believe he is the best we have as a 'flair' type of player but doesn't quite do enough for me. For 11.5m, still a great signing that is probably worth in excess of £22m now

Given the silly money changing hands - 20m for Odion Ighalo in Jan - I'd place Chris around the 35m-40m mark. We aren't short of money so unless he has nothing to contribute or was a troublemaker, I'd be very sad to see him go for anything less than £45m+

Given the silly money changing hands - 20m for Odion Ighalo in Jan - I'd place Chris around the 35m-40m mark. We aren't short of money so unless he has nothing to contribute or was a troublemaker, I'd be very sad to see him go for anything less than £45m+

It's funny as one of his biggest attributes makes him less valuable. He is shy and mostly keeps out of the media. Clubs sign players partly for their global reach and exposure they can bring to the club. So yup would put him high on value for on the pitch stuff (more important) but his value drops because he isn't a social media whore. £28m - final offer...

It's funny as one of his biggest attributes makes him less valuable. He is shy and mostly keeps out of the media. Clubs sign players partly for their global reach and exposure they can bring to the club. So yup would put him high on value for on the pitch stuff (more important) but his value drops because he isn't a social media whore. £28m - final offer...
In a world where Daniel Levy of all people, sanctions £30 million for Sissoko, Eriksen is definitely in the £40-45 million bracket. Media whore or not.

In a world where Daniel Levy of all people, sanctions £30 million for Sissoko, Eriksen is definitely in the £40-45 million bracket. Media whore or not.

I reckon Levy knows China is a cashcow... We've already offload one for silly money. I bet he has taken him for far less than the publicised £30m but has let that price run in the press so he can get top money in the summer. Bought for £18m sold for £25m. A cool £7m profit to pay for some new toilets. We can then all think of Sissoko when unloading in the new stadium - perfect.

I reckon Levy knows China is a cashcow... We've already offload one for silly money. I bet he has taken him for far less than the publicised £30m but has let that price run in the press so he can get top money in the summer. Bought for £18m sold for £25m. A cool £7m profit to pay for some new toilets. We can then all think of Sissoko when unloading in the new stadium - perfect.
An interesting theory.

That might explain something I've never understood, why a giant hasn't been in for him for 45m or why we got him for 12 in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom