Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chelsea also spend +£30m on backup fullbacks like Emerson & Zappacosta. Throw enough shit and something will stick we simply don't have the resources for such a model

They're run by a crook... Business model = money laundering scam; not legimately developing a sustainably successful football club.

We can’t hide behind not spending large amounts of money.
We have amassed a team of well established internationals, successfull internationals i might add, and it doesn’t matter how we got to that point, weather it’s through mass amounts of money or by operating the way we do, or even a combination of both.
Bottom line is, we need mentally tough leaders in the team, and it doesn’t matter if they cost 100m, 10m or we breed them, we just need to find them!

They're run by a crook... Business model = money laundering scam; not legimately building a sustainably successful football club.

Yet some people compare how we do to how they do. We run our club properly, well within it's means and have ensured that the clubs growth should continue this way whilst football goes a bit berserk. We've proven that you can compete without e need to throw extortionate amounts of money at quick fixes or be run by a sugar daddy. It's sustainable, consistent, encourages the right culture from top to bottom and should be admired and valued mate.

Sadly some don't see it, they think it grows on trees and that all it takes for a wage structure that rewards nearly £1m per month for its highest earner and a stadium so big only juggernauts of the football world like Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, AC & Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, Manchester United etc can boast is bigger comes from a few thank you's and favours, a couple of magic beans and some nectar points.

We sit at the big table now due to how the club operates, it sets us up big time once it's done yet our organic growth is compared to how Chelsea and their blood money do. It actually makes me feel like some people are genuinely on a wind up when they moan about why we aren't forking out £50m when that gets you a Maxi Gomez at current rate. The bubble will inevitably burst one day and our club has stayed secure whilst still competing and growing as a unit. It's actually bollocks some have a moan up when you consider we were buying the likes of Stambouli & Fazio when Pochettino first joined. Huge steps forward & lessons seem to have been learned

...And apparently you have.

Any idea who we play at the weekend or why? ...Or are you more bothered about transfer-related doom?

Heh, good to see there's still the FA, I admit I thought the League cup and the FA cup were months apart, which had me thinking the remaining one ended vs Chelsea.

I am more of a casual fan than core fan. A fan of the type of football being played, a fan of the wage structure, a fan of teams building up through youth rather than throwing money around, and I enjoy watching the linkup play between players such as Son, Dele, Kane & Eriksen and the fun silly handsigns of Dele & Son.
I want the team to have a trophy to look back at, at least 1 before the current team eventually get replaced due to moving to other clubs or retirement.

I watch about 3-4 football matches a month now a day, I admit I had not looked at games this weekend(thanks for the good news of the FA still being an option).
Mostly just enjoying the ride now a day instead of trying to keep up with as much as I could in european football. I tried 2 years of spending ~2 hours a day aquiring knowledge about football long ago, was interesting but not something for the long run(to many transfers, leagues etc to keep up with in the long run) Then again before those 2 years my knowledge of football was 10 years behind my classmates.

Silly info:
Watch 2-3 league games a week, watch 2-4 champions league games on the same weeks, watch eurogoals, watch U-21, U-18, U-16 world cups and euros(in the summer), watch the world cup and euros, read football news 3-4 times a day 2-3 different places, play football when on break at school, play fifa & manager games when at home, start playing a bit of football in the freetime and possibly look at a homepage or 2 for other football news.
Imo after 2 years of that, switched gear. (I think what broke it was someone at school asking a question i shouldn't be able to answer, but actually started to consider the options)

Anyway long and silly story there, may it be a good game and may spurs win the FA this year.

We can’t hide behind not spending large amounts of money.
We have amassed a team of well established internationals, successfull internationals i might add, and it doesn’t matter how we got to that point, weather it’s through mass amounts of money or by operating the way we do, or even a combination of both.
Bottom line is, we need mentally tough leaders in the team, and it doesn’t matter if they cost 100m, 10m or we breed them, we just need to find them!
Said this for ages.We don't have a Sgt Major type player on the pitch.What i would give to have a young Graham Roberts again

One could easily argue that over two legs home/away advantage is negated on the straight forwards basis of 180mins anyway. No 'away goal rule' for goals scored DURING extra time would be logically sound in sense of increasing a balance of fairness. Penalty shoot out at an away ground is draw derived. C'est la vie on that front.

Rather than last night's circumstances being 'unfair', I think what stings most is it being another case of us suffering "first time syndrome" see CL'12 etc.

That CL 2012 rule, still chafes my ass......today

Haha you've got to be having a laugh! The worst club of all nominated for an award saying no to what they've been doing for years and years on end?

I might start having out with some neo nazis, make myself a nice little plaque, get photographed with it and get a Nobel Peace Prize for my troubles. Unbelievable Jeff!

What a load of bollocks. What next, handing out a Victoria Cross to Neil Harris?

Back
Top Bottom