Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ben and Christian being so worried they had to play a game of backgammon during the draw
Dl3kAiiXoAIYXbQ.jpg

Seen draw for the first time. At the theatre (blatant). Said I wanted Barca beforehand, love our group of death!
We will top the group.

Liverpool have a tougher group than last year but still easy compared to ours.

Another example of how little thought is given to the match going fans. Not a single mention anywhere of the announcement of the fixtures themselves.

An absolute afterthought.

The fact that its taking two hours to confirm the dates is probably down to working out which games will be televised.

I'm sure its never taken this long in the past?

Think we can take atleast a point of Barca, and Inter are nothing special can see us finish 2 points behind Barca and coming second if I’m honest
Barca have recruited very nicely in Arturo Vidal, Malcom, Arthur and Clement Lenglet. They'll be more difficult than Real were last season. Be nice to grab something off them but better not to rely on that.

Inter aren't anything special, but will always put up a fight, especially at San Siro. PSV we should handle.

No shame in coming 2nd to Barca if we do.

Another example of how little thought is given to the match going fans. Not a single mention anywhere of the announcement of the fixtures themselves.

An absolute afterthought.

The fact that its taking two hours to confirm the dates is probably down to working out which games will be televised.

I'm sure its never taken this long in the past?
It's been like this for the past few years, I think. Supposedly, they are expecting the fixtures to be released by the bottom of the hour.

Group A | Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, AS Monaco, Club Brugge
Group B | Barcelona, Tottenham, PSV, Inter Milan
Group C | PSG, Napoli, Liverpool, Red Star Belgrade
Group D | Lokomotiv Moscow, Porto, Schalke, Galatasaray
Group E | Bayern, Benfica, Ajax, AEK Athens
Group F | Man City, Shakhtar Donetsk, Lyon, Hoffenheim
Group G | Real Madrid, AS Roma, CSKA Moscow, Viktoria Plzen
Group H | Juventus, Man United, Valencia, Young Boys

I fancy these to go through. These are now our enemies:

Atletico Madrid & Borussia Dortmund

Barcelona & Spurs

PSG & Liverpool

Porto & Shalke

Bayern Munich & Ajax

Man City & Lyon

Real Madrid & Roma

Juventus & Man United

Got to try and win the group which we will try to of course as I'd fancy us against any of those 2nd place finishers if that's how things stand at the end.

A side note but I get a bit fucked off we aren't known more as Tottenham Hotspur when the media etc report things. One of the reasons I started supporting the boys is because I loved the Hotspur part, sad to see we don't encourage people to use our full name as much as possible but that's just a side rant.

Barcelona & Inter Milan whilst West Ham draw Macclesfield barely an hour later. Love it!

Back
Top Bottom